Rear Wheel Dyno Test

TexaST-1

I have to state the obvious. Everyone knows that an accurate rear wheel dyno test to determine wheel Horse Power is done in 4th gear or the closest 1:1 ratio available. In all American Cars it is 4th.

I thought everyone knew this. I was overseeing a dyno test very recently and was amazed when the gentleman at quick car told him to dyno his car in 3rd. This will give a false and lower horsepower reading.

I am currently going to make an addition to the rules for GPC to clarify this testing method.

I think that most at this level should know this. I think if people are concerned about horsepower rating, they should state that. How does the rule on requesting a dyno go? I live in Corpus Christi and there are not any dynos within 125 miles of here. If someone has a complaint about my horsepower rating from a sanctioned NASA dyno day, are they going to pay my 6mpg for 250 miles and the dyno fee? I already paid for all that with my trip to Houston on 1/28. I was just hoping for some clarification. We are all in this for the fun of racing. I think that we need to keep that in mind.

Actually the dyno at the track will be the official dyno for the car. Don't get too close to the limit as a couple of the AI guys last year had issues with the dyno/scales.