Howie

Infineon Question

Howie

I'm thinking about attending the April 29-30 at Infineon and I was wondering what track configuration will be used? Thanks!!

stealth430

The full configuration, not the NASCAR circle. NASA always run the carosel.

Howie

Thanks for the reply. Looking forward to running this course for the first time.

marked

Im signed up for the 29th in hpde1 for my first time. is the track layout hard?

mtm68

All race tracks are "hard".

Sears is a technical track that has bad consequences if you screw up badly enough to go off.

I would recommend Thunderhill as a better first timers' track, but I've been accused of being overly cautious.

Marcus

zuperdave
All race tracks are "hard".

Sears is a technical track that has bad consequences if you screw up badly enough to go off.

I would recommend Thunderhill as a better first timers' track, but I've been accused of being overly cautious.

Marcus

I had my very first HPDE at Sears, both days of a weekend, a little over two years ago.

It is a very technical track, but that's also what makes it so much fun. I think if you can "get" Sears (it won't happen in one or two weekends...), you can feel fairly confident (NOT complacent!) on just about any track.

Just don't let your horsepower go to your head, or allow your right foot to do your thinking for you. You can get into trouble at Thunder Hill as well, although I agree that the consequences probably won't be as dramatic...

Relax and have fun!

Howie

Well my schedule just changed so it doen't look like I'll be able to make the April event. But I do plan to make a CA event this year, probably shoot for a summer event seeing as we shut down during that time here in Phoenix.

GT4Point6
The full configuration, not the NASCAR circle. NASA always run the carosel.

Well looks like the powers to be changed this to the NASCAR config vise the normal with the carousel. Different setup so check out the Infineon site to see the config map. Confirmed this with my series director as well as Jerry. Solid as a rock!!!

racercosmo

Tony G told me that it was only the CM/AI group that was running the handicapped ramp. Has this now changed.