AMP in Jan. or PIR in Feb....who's gonna make the trip?

Paul Bloomberg

Are any of the SoCal guys going to make the trip to AZ for the races at AMP in Jan. or PIR in Feb? We would love to have you...the more the better.

Paul

#51 ITR

How far is it from SoCal, Los Angeles area?

Are any of the SoCal guys going to make the trip to AZ for the races at AMP in Jan. or PIR in Feb? We would love to have you...the more the better.

Paul

#51 ITR

How far is it from SoCal, Los Angeles area?

About 375 miles from LA. I used to live there, and it would take me about 6 hours to get there from Pomona/Claremont including one rest stop and one stop for gas. Figure on a little more time than that with towing.

Paul, where are the dates for the AMP events?

I think it is around 350 miles from LA to Phoenix. It is a real easy tow...flat and featureless.

Both AMP and PIR are on the west side of town. AMP is a brand new track (103db) 2.25 mile 16 turn, although on Sunday they are going to run the track in it's two separate 1.1 mile configuration....

it will be a first for that : O (???)

PIR is a roval but because it's only a 1 mile oval you are always busy...so unlike some of the bigger Rovals you don't really have time to twiddle your thumbs while going around the banking : )

Paul

2003 Az 944-Spec Champ

#51 HC ITR

February is a little early for us as we don't expect to be ready for testing the two new cars until about Feb 15th.

But BE WARNED! Special Projects Motor Sports will be coming to AZ Sooner or later... With the three Top 2004 H1 Cars!!!

We are looking forward to it!

We have only one Team Order! Take 1st. 2nd! and 3rd!

Kiwi

Race dates are jan 17th & 18th at AMP's 2.25 mile track

(see announcement of cheap enrty for calif guys)

and

Febuary 21-22 at PIR 1.5 Mile roval

Come out and beat-up on Paul!

Joe...I don't need any help getting beat up : )

My car is either going to race in H1 with the Motons at a whopping 177 WHP at 2600lbs so.... I really will get killed in the H1 hybrid class.

The H1 class cars can weigh 2000 or 2200lbs depending on the motor and with some of the cars putting out 240WHP you can see YES I will get beat up....all because of those pesky Motons! See w/o the res. shock I could transplant a bigger more powerful motor in the same car and get the weight down to 2200lbs.

If I get the new shocks on??? by the first race I can run H2 at the same 2575lbs but be racing against the same PWR/LBS.

Which is the goal!

Till I found out today MB and I are probably racing in the Grand-Am Cup race at PIR in April... so do I really want to mess with changing shocks for a couple of races in H2 before April???

Paul

Yeah you are pretty much toast in H1, but with current competition in Az you will be fine for a while.

Grand-am cup in April Cool.

Let me know if you need pit support. I love you give you and MB a hand. Now that you are going "big time" you'll need guys to help out here and there.

After the Grand Am cup race figure what you want to do with car classwise.

Yes....I appreciate the input. I have thought the classing thing through...I just won't be competitive till after April.

Paul

• Members

Don't miss out on the points!! If you plan to run H1 just run heavy and get the points.

That car should do darn well. Give it to me and I will put in on the podium in So Cal as it sits.

I promise not to whine....I promise not to whine...ditto....ditto....

Thanks Ryan you just ruined my diabolical psychological plan to minimize the cars potential to the other racers

I'll put the adj. cam gears back on after the first race, biuld the motor after April, but H1 is where I'll be racing.

I am done whining I promise!!!

PaulB

H1 ITR

Just make sure you dont have a hard time with the H4 crowd.

I promise not to whine....I promise not to whine...ditto....ditto....

Thanks Ryan you just ruined my diabolical psychological plan to minimize the cars potential to the other racers

I'll put the adj. cam gears back on after the first race, biuld the motor after April, but H1 is where I'll be racing.

I am done whining I promise!!!

PaulB

H1 ITR

Seriously... it would be nice if some of you could make it over to Az for our first event it would be a real bench mark for me, since I have about 2hrs seat time in the FWD.

Paul

• 1 month later...

C'mon Paul i'm sure you've got more than that by now??? I'll be there running HPDE...gotta figure out my new setup and hopefully my crazy CEL will stop flashing at me...

• 3 weeks later...
Just make sure you dont have a hard time with the H4 crowd.

No kidding, I think Paul almost rear ended me half-dozen times over the weekend. Oh, what, that's not what you meant was it...