Buying MX5 cup car w/ sequential, ST4?

Bryan Heitman

Can anyone tell me more about getting started with NASA racing w/ a ND miata MX5 cup car w/ sequential.

It looks like from reading the rules while you could add some ballast and get to ST5 the sequential is specifically disallowed from ST5. Does anyone run this car?

While I am sure the answers are in the rulebooks I am curious if someone has a cliff notes version on what you need to prep for NASA? Sticker requirements, do you need dyno on a homologated car? ( I assume yes )

• 2 weeks later...
  • National Staff
On 8/16/2022 at 8:33 AM, Bryan Heitman said:

Can anyone tell me more about getting started with NASA racing w/ a ND miata MX5 cup car w/ sequential.

It looks like from reading the rules while you could add some ballast and get to ST5 the sequential is specifically disallowed from ST5. Does anyone run this car?

While I am sure the answers are in the rulebooks I am curious if someone has a cliff notes version on what you need to prep for NASA? Sticker requirements, do you need dyno on a homologated car? ( I assume yes )

You are correct that sequentials are not permitted in ST5.  In regard to cliff notes, you are unlikely to get much of a response to a question where you answered it yourself--read the rules please.   People who don't read the rules often end up not following the rules.