How much $$$$

back to road racing

I have plans of racing the 25. How much money are you guys spending to field a car? It will be a ITS/E-1 car. Any tips would be great. I've raced several 4hr enduros and think the 25 will be awesome I can't wait.

Just take what you spend now on a 4 hour and run with that. Figure you will have to start with all fresh, trans, rear end, drive line, hubs, rotors, pads, etc. and then replace them at the finish.

Last year we spent about $280 per hour to run our 86 MAZDA Rx7, tires, fuel, hours on motor, pads, etc.

Thanks for the info. Did that include food and "crew care"? Anyone else want to disclose how much they spend on this race?

I have done a couple budgets for this race(have not done the race though) I figured to be well prepared for all problems it would cost me $10K. Depending on the car and class you run it could be cheaper. this was in an ES car but it is probably slower than your E1 car. fuel and tires are your biggest expense, so figure out how long these last and mulitiply by 25(plus rains). I have heard of spec miatas doing the race on one set of tires and spending $5K. the GT3 Porsche boys were probably spending $20-30K. there are lots of people who want to run the race as paying drivers, so this can help offset some expenses. Good luck and I hope to see you there one day