HPDE VIR

Stang65fst

• Members

I know I am. Hard to pass up running the full course at VIR! I'll be in the dark blue 89 Mustang coupe - future AI car. Hope it's not snowing!!!!!

I'm in, sent in the registration the other day. I will also be there in a Future AI mustang, 2000 GT Coupe. Hope I make it this year, last year I was signed up for Feb VIR and wrecked the car ~ a week before the event. I didn't get it running in time to make it. This year I'm not DDing the mustang so all should be good, as long as there is no snow.

--chad

I am pretty sure I am going, but not certain if I am doing the HPDE or not. I really want to....trying to accumulate some funds.

i'm there....and not to leghump either

i'm driving a car in the enduro...

• 4 weeks later...

New to NASA and HPDE, but not really new to VIR..bringing my 2000 Viper ACR for some fun in HPDE3...

Where are the masses planning on staying?

Looking forward to it, and praying for dry!

The Sleep Inn is closest to the track, and you get a room for $65 if you're with NASA. Also, their free breakfast includes hot food!

See everyone there. I'll be in the World Challenge BMW co-driving in the enduro.

First of all I had a great time and got to meet some really nice people out there. My instructor Dan McKeever was great and a huge help since this was my first time driving this car, first DE, and first time at VIR. I got bumped up to HPDE3 and was doing some laps just under 2:20

well the car did extremely well even though I was being conservative. Shifting at 6,000 (7,000 is the limit). Was running street tires falken 451's 235 front - 255 rear). Boosting just 10psi (it's tuned for 17) which should be just around 430hp to the motor. As for suspension mods this weekend I was just running the coilovers and nothing else just to get a feel of the car.

I would also like to thank G&W for helping me and hooking me up with a lift and bleeding my brakes. Mikael (works at G&W) was a huge help and also changed my diff fluid since it seemed to be leaking after the first day. On the second day my diff blew on turn 1 without even completing a lap. I had to leave my car at G&W and I am going to pick it up on Monday which is about a 5 hour drive for me (yeah stupid me drove the car 5 hours to the track) I will learn from my mistake and trailer the car down next time. BTW on the way back home I rode with a friend and we broke down 30 minutes from home. Even though we had so many issues I would just like to point out that I am hooked and will be coming a lot more often to these events Nice meeting everyone this weekend.

Thank you Chris Cobetto, Laura Cobetto, and everyone else that was involved in organizing this event. The organization of the event and classroom times were great, very satisfied. VIR again next weekend so hopefully I will have the car running again.

Yo Dado,

Nice meeting you and David. I cant thank you enough for the heads up on the tires!!! Hopefully we'll get to "play" nextime. Absolutely excellent times for a car and person that has never been on that track. My first time on a track was at VIR and I turned a 2:30!

John

Black Viper GTS/ACR #65

Thanks John nice meeting you too, you got a monster there Hey, can't beat slicks for free, especially for a viper

Here is a little in car video from this weekend.

right click save as

http://www.dtmpower.net/videos/virfirsttestdado.mpg

I was using a prototype system from http://www.autoxcam.com which has a g box and gps system to show speed and g forces. The speed is supposed to show at the bottom of the screen but for some reason the camera that I used to record (cheap and old) was eating the film and the bottom of the screen got messed up.

I didn't mean to sound like I got bumped up with no track experience at all, just not de's. I was still only allowed to go on track with an intructor and Dan was a huge help showing me the right lines.

I been to several driving schools (not de's) and been racing karts and atv's since 9. Now I am just moving into some bigger vehicles.

As always guys excellent event, props go out to all that make the weekend run like it does, even though we get a little behind, we still get our track time. Keep it up NASA!

--chad

Over 450 photos of the event here and click Track then scroll down to VIR

OR

Sonny's VIR Gallery

If you see a photo you want in the original 6mp size, note the image number & drop me a line. I'll send you the 3-5mb file via e-mail. At max resolution, they're suitable for 8 x 10 prints!

(Similarly, if you see a photo you want REMOVED, drop me a line & I'll delete it.)

Edited by Guest

Absolutely fricken awesome Sonny. I definately have a couple I would looooove to have...

Could I email you an email address to send them to? How big are the pics that you can make 8X10's out of???

Could I email you an email address to send them to? How big are the pics that you can make 8X10's out of???

Send photo requests to [email protected]

Make sure to include the image number of the one(s) you want. It should be something like "IMG_1777.jpg"

The photos in their native resolution of 6.1 megapixels are about 2-3 megs in size. After I do some post production work in Photoshop, they're 3-5megs in size. These will be suitable for printing to 8 x 10.

However, keep this in mind -- the small images you see in the gallery look good because they're small. Some of them are a little blurry when you look at them full sized. I've edited out all of the totally useless photos but some might have slipped by that won't pass muster if printed in 8 x 10. (Hopefully, that won't be one you want.)