2023 Proposed ST Rules Revisions--Comment Period through 11-20-22

Greg G.

Random fun bit to consider. As Hoosiers get pushed out of some classes, 5/6 and maybe even 4, the deltas of longitudinal grip between taller(more grip) and shorter(less grip) tires should be looked into. There's multiple other series that have ran into this particular situation. In short, lighter cars with less power on 15s are getting out broke and then out also inched out on acceleration from heavier cars with more power and taller tires. 

For the mechanical throttle body bonus being removed for FI cars.  I assume it was removed because the thought is that turbos can control boost pressure to simulate the DBW throttle body.  For supercharged cars this isn't true since it is coupled to engine RPM.

I would proposed that the bonus not be taken away for SC cars as the disadvantages of a mechanical throttle body still exist like in a NA car.

What are the chances of TT5 being allowed to run fender vents as well? Fender vents help to get hot air build up out of the front end. This will help with brake pad life, wheel bearing life, etc. The biggest argument has been to keep TT5/TT6 at a lower cost entry to race, but these can definitely help the long term cost for racers. TT4/TT5 cars can blend into other series like Gridlife where they allow fender vents. I was stoked to see the addition of TT4 getting fender vents. 

• Like 1

• Greg G. unpinned this topic