Need help finding a sponsor...

ZO6Driver

What kinda racing are you talking about?

Personally, I ask some of my vendors. When asking them I show them how I have done in the past. I have also given them pics of the car in action with their logo prominately displayed. You need to tell / explain to them why it's a good idea to sponsor you. I just one race deals. I also have taken them to the track and given them rides, they really like that!

With some of them, I just give them my tire bill, or show them my race fees including travel, hotels, gas, food, etc...

It really helps if they are into racing to begin with.

• 4 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Even at the SPEED World Challenge/Grand Am Koni Challenge level, around 75% of the drivers are PAYING to drive. In other words, the drivers ARE the primary sponsors of the team.

Networking and making good friends with cash is the only way to get funding. I'm managed to get parts from vendors/manufacturers (similar to above), and I got a total of about $11,000 TOTAL in outside funding in nearly 20 years of racing.

Again, as stated above, look for people that are into cars and racing. They might get a kick out of seeing their name on track. However, don't be surprised if they end up deciding to race on their own instead.

show them how they can benefit by having their name/logos on the car.. then give them a cost that is in line with that benefit

it is that simple actually

If the sponsorship has anything to do with specific parts you will have to run, make sure they make and will provide the parts you want to actually use!

Sponsorship is a two edged(if not three or four) sword, the more you receive, the less you have control of what you want and can do;)

Do you have the time and energy to go after them?? It can be pretty demanding to say the least.

I find it better to just work harder at my own business and then have funds and the freedom to use what I want within the rules.

Rick