2023 Contingency Program Availability and Updates

Aldrin V.

• National Staff

Here you will find a list of all available contingency programs for the 2023 Race Season. This will be updated frequently as new programs become available on drivenasa.com/contingency-programs. We suggest to check back often and subscribe to this thread to receive the most up to date information. 

This thread will be monitored constantly and should the need arise to create a dedicated contingency thread for a specific program we will do so as needed. 

LAST UPDATE:

6/9/2022

AVAILABLE PROGRAMS - RACING / TT

Toyo Tires - Available

Hawk Performance - Available

Maxxis Tires - Available 

Injector Pulse - Available 

G Loc Brakes - Available

Hoosier Tires - Available

Frozen Rotors - Available

Nissan NismoAvailable

MCS SuspensionAvailable

Ford Performance - Available

AVAILABLE PROGRAMS - HPDE

ToyoTires/TrackDayTire HPDE Rewards Program - Available

Hawk Performance HPDE Rewards ProgramAvailable

PENDING PROGRAMS

HPDE REWARDS

INSTRUCTOR PROGRAMS

Inertia Lab 

Hankook Tires

Mazda Motorsport 

Edited by Aldrin V.
  • Like 1

So for Hoosier, if you have a team of multiple cars/drivers in TT4 can you purchase tires in a bulk order for the team and still have them qualify for contingencies for a driver within the team?

Edited by rsotak

Thanks for continuing to promote and improve our contingency program. We just finished our first event and I need brake pads, so looking forward to the Hawk contingency forms to be developed.

• Thanks 1

• National Staff
On 1/10/2023 at 7:06 PM, jrubin80 said:

Is Yokohama not coming on board for contingency? 

We are working a program with them for 2023. 

6 hours ago, Michael Jepson said:

I just stepped up to TT from HPDE4 this month. Do you know when the contingency’s for Hawk and Toyo for that will be available?
Thanks

They already are l.  They are linked in the first post

Well ok then

Maybe I am wrong but I think what is available now Is racing and already in TT. The HPDE CONTINGENCY show as pending. There is a difference between them if I understand it correctly 

Edited by Michael Jepson

Hello! I moved up to DE2 at RRR this month, and I’ve seen that there are HPDE Rewards. As I understand, rewards are currently not available, but wondering how will that affect me from being able claim them when it is available

Edited by Eladio Flores

Question for the Nissan contingency program. My vehicle is badged as an Infiniti. As we know Infiniti is a division of Nissan. Would the Nissan contingency benefits still apply to me?

• National Staff
1 hour ago, Web9 said:

Any ETA on the availability for HAWK?

The program is approved for 2023 and we are still waiting for the Codes from Hawk before we can turn on the forms for submission. We will make large scale announcements on Speed News and Social Media once the program is live. 

You will be able to submit for Hawk for any events in 2023. 

Does the Ford Performance cover ST4, ST5, or ST6?  After registering a profile on Ford Performance the only document is a 2021 document for payout that does not list those classes.

On the NSAS contingency site under program requirements it says:

1. Competitors must compete with a 2005+ Ford Mustang or 99+ Ford Focus to be eligible

I fit the above criteria but not per the 2021 document for contingency on Ford Performances website.  I am in ST6 in a 2001 Focus.

Edited by Magus2727

• National Staff
2 hours ago, Magus2727 said:

Does the Ford Performance cover ST4, ST5, or ST6?  After registering a profile on Ford Performance the only document is a 2021 document for payout that does not list those classes.

On the NSAS contingency site under program requirements it says:

1. Competitors must compete with a 2005+ Ford Mustang or 99+ Ford Focus to be eligible

I fit the above criteria but not per the 2021 document for contingency on Ford Performances website.  I am in ST6 in a 2001 Focus.

The NASA Ford Performance Contingency Program does include Super Touring classes which have available payouts for National Championships and Regional Championships only.

Please refer to the program page for the most up to date information

https://drivenasa.com/contingency-programs/ford-performance-contingency-program/

4 hours ago, Aldrin V. said:

The NASA Ford Performance Contingency Program does include Super Touring classes which have available payouts for National Championships and Regional Championships only.

Please refer to the program page for the most up to date information

https://drivenasa.com/contingency-programs/ford-performance-contingency-program/

Aldrin,  thank you for the response.  I was not sure if additional clarification was needed.  As I go to that link and I have pre registered under the contingency as required.  Ford Performance has a contingency document tab where the only documents are 2021 contingency payouts.  In their document it only specifies ST1,2,3.  This is the 2021 contingency document but they do not have one for 2022 or one for 2023.

It sounds like you are confirming that ST6 does qualify for the regional championship.

Screenshot_20230328_125137_Drive.jpg

I was bumped up to a new HPDE class and would like to log my HAWK bucks... Since the deal with Hawk is under review, I can't register my discount. Is there someone I can log this with?

• National Staff
On 3/29/2023 at 10:20 AM, Paul Holt said:

I was bumped up to a new HPDE class and would like to log my HAWK bucks... Since the deal with Hawk is under review, I can't register my discount. Is there someone I can log this with?

You will be able to claim all your Hawk HPDE awards from the 2023 season as soon as the program is approved

Is TREC contingency per class or overall results? Specifically looking at Toyo and Hawk, but they all seem to say the same thing - it mentions races but nothing about class.

image.thumb.png.2e5c65ba857b97fc558814f1cd033e61.png

• National Staff
20 hours ago, cschuster0 said:

Is TREC contingency per class or overall results? Specifically looking at Toyo and Hawk, but they all seem to say the same thing - it mentions races but nothing about class.

image.thumb.png.2e5c65ba857b97fc558814f1cd033e61.png

These will be per class

17 hours ago, pradey said:

We are now in April, any updates on the Hawk contingency program?

Thanks

We are still waiting on the codes from Hawk before we can turn the program on

Can I request that any place that says "Spec 3" with the space be replaced with "Spec3" ? I know the Toyo form says "Spec 3" and I assume the Hawk one probably does as well. Thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...

We're coming up to the 30-day claim window for my March event - will this time window be extended?

Is there a back-up plan in place to allow us to claim while the form is down?

23 hours ago, gtroester said:

We're coming up to the 30-day claim window for my March event - will this time window be extended?

Is there a back-up plan in place to allow us to claim while the form is down?

I am wondering the same thing for hawk and Toyo

Is there any update on the hawk contingency program?… It’s been over a month  since the last update and it appears it is still not running. 

There has typically been a 30 day window to apply on the contingency form for an event. Tomorrow will be 30 days since the last event.

I spoke with a gentleman at Hawk, who said it needed to be handled on someone else’s end, they only deal with processing the form….?…