99 Civic Si in H2 - anyone know best ways to get it there.

texastom

Hi all,

I know this is a very broad questions but I wanted to see if anyone on here has an 99 civic si that they have prepared for H2. If so or if you have an opinion on it please share. I would like to get my car to H2 since that seems to be the class we are going to have them most participation in.

You can't prepare a 1999 Civic Si for H2. It isn't classed there.

Whatever mods you do, legal according to the HC rules, it still won't be a H2 car.

Preparation beyond the H2 rules will just mean you have a illegal car. An exception to this would be an engine swap that placed you into H1.

You could run an Si in H2 if it was a Grand Am spec car with log book from GAC. But what would be the point? The car is classed very well in H3 where it belongs. The numbers in your region will go up once the series gets under way.

• 1 month later...
Hi all,

I know this is a very broad questions but I wanted to see if anyone on here has an 99 civic si that they have prepared for H2. If so or if you have an opinion on it please share. I would like to get my car to H2 since that seems to be the class we are going to have them most participation in.

Why not just prep the car for H3 and call it a day? Was there a particular reason you wanted to run H2 or just cuz? Why make things harder on yourself if you dont' have to? Just remember K.I.S.S.

Well just prepare your car by H2-H5 rules. Even tought you car is classed in H3 you have the right to bump up and race with the faster cars but you may not do any extra mods than what is allowed and you may not complain cuz your car is slower VS the Type'Rs. thats all. You may race in H2 but you may never win I guess. GOOD LUCK. bring your car over to the west coast on March 6-7 for a great weekend of fun racing at Cali Speedway.

Hi all,

Were having a race that same weekend in Texas, but we'll head over that way soon.

Looks like I'll just be staying in H3 we are starting to get more and more people intrested so it should all be good.

KISS I love it, thanks for the feedback guys.