Entry Fee's for Nationals/AI

bossskip302

Well... Put it this way. There's one big-name track designer being used today to build new tracks - Alan Wilson. All of his tracks are tight cornered, slow tracks it seems. You can't get even get through the the gears in your gearbox at his tracks before you have to slam on the brakes to take the next hairpin corner.

Then we have the older tracks like Watkins Glen, VIR, Sebring, Road Atlanta, etc that offer the flow and the speed we (racers) desire.

Then we hear that the one thing we all seek - good flow, and speed - is being taken away from us again. And worst of all, from a track that has a good mix of open road, and elevation change, and twisties in its full configuration.

Just annoying. What is the logic? What is the purpose?

Brian

With the new track config we could use it like a "figure eight" in and out of the keyhole - now THAT would be exciting!

Personally I prefer no chicane, but I'll be there to have fun no matter what!

With the new track config we could use it like a "figure eight" in and out of the keyhole - now THAT would be exciting!

Personally I prefer no chicane, but I'll be there to have fun no matter what!

I like Black Horse's Quote. HAVE FUN NO MATTER WHAT!!!!

Aaron Quine

OH/IN Member/Instructor

TTA #121 Corvette

Compromise..............To counter the home field advantage, I say we have the OH/IN racers run the chicane, the rest of us run the pro course?

Brian

I'm not sure if opinions are being solicited, but I think the pro cource, without the chicane, is the way to go. Also, I'm looking forward to having enough entries to warrant an AI only class race.

Obviously, a lot of people are excited about the Nationals, I'm sure it will be awesome.

Dave

Guys-

We have selected the course with chicane for a number of reasons, but the main one is that we believe that it will make for better racing entering that section of the track. The long straight leading to the Keyhole invites blocking and ain't the most thrilling approach to the turn when you're driving or watching. Again, your opinions may and will vary and we can debate till we're all old(er) and gray(er) but we're going to give the chicane configuration a shot this year to see how it works. If it stinks, we can switch back for 2007.

As for the separate run groups, numbers will tell the tale. We've planned things out as they stand but if things get too packed we can adjust.

Thanks.

-JWL

If it stinks, we can switch back for 2007.

So Nationals are always going to be at Mid-Ohio? Not going to jump around the regions at world class tracks (ahem, VIR, ahem)

Remember that adding the chicane lengthens the track slightly, therefore allowing more cars to be on the track at one time.

Cos-

The addtional length is pretty minimal, so it won't make much if any difference in car count. Shoot, judging from the interest in all the forums I think we may be in deep yogurt by succeeding more than we expected in Year One. Good problem to have...

-JWL

Cos-

The addtional length is pretty minimal, so it won't make much if any difference in car count. Shoot, judging from the interest in all the forums I think we may be in deep yogurt by succeeding more than we expected in Year One. Good problem to have...

-JWL

John, if you do decide you need to go with the "gong" method of determining the field let me know. I was on a trip to Japan (in my younger days) and while on a 3 day sake bender for some reason I purchased a 30" gong complete with stand and had it shipped to my house. I had no recollection of this until I arrived home from work one day about 2-3 weeks after the trip and there was this box with japanese script all over it. I opened the box to find the gong and a drunken note from my buddy (who was on the trip with me) telling me I was a jackass for buying a gong.

So in case you need one, I can help out.

Oh man, we have to find some way to include the gong. Perhaps that could be the call to grid for the Honda guys.

-JWL

Haaaaa....LOL....

The BT Gong must be in attendance to call cars to the grid.

Chicane, no chicane makes no difference to me either.....it's just good to have a NASA National event. Hell, I've already registered.

............ Hell, I've already registered.

Adam you realize in doing so you have just guaranteed

that your motor will blow up multiple times during the year thus causing you to miss the event.....that's what you get for building a high dollar CMC motor...ha ha!

Adam you realize in doing so you have just guaranteed

that your motor will blow up multiple times during the year thus causing you to miss the event.....that's what you get for building a high dollar CMC motor...ha ha!

Thanks for the jinx, Tone.

OK, my "tech" is xx years old but I did learn in high school orchestra that there is a correct way to hit a gong. You don't just hit it. You "prep" it by gently tapping on it for a certain amount of time before that big hit, to get it to vibrate a bit first...

Oh yeah, Nationals! I'm registered and I don't give a crap about the config or how big the field is.

Christine