TT awards. Norcal. Here we go again.

Ale Sensoli

Hello everyone. Hope you guys are all great. 

I'll go straight to the point. (Again)

We need TT awards. I really really don't understand why TT ,which are the fastest cars on track are considered the stupid brother of all competition. 

I really dont get it. TT is for so many california drivers  the entry point to racing competitions.should be the one with the most visibility to attract other good and fast drivers to help growing the whole movement. 

We have seen awarded everyone last event. But TT . 

We should encourage pictures, champagne shower make it as part of the fun of the event! So the people not only will come. But will also stay till the end. 

And again (as mentioned in previous posts)

This ain't about the plastic trophy per se. 

Is about showing a minimum of respect and why not , a recognition and appreciation for also TT drivers who are willing to spend big money to remain competitive and keep NASA legacy high. 

Hope you see this as a constructive "criticism" to bring this program to next level. 

Alessandro

We were all been told the awards were for everyone. He was surprised as i was. 

I'll talk to him again.  

In SoCal one of our competitors makes us 3D Printed Track Map awards which I give out. I also ordered and purchased some custom medals (myself) half way through the season as some competitors missed getting medals as well. Some people don't care about awards and others love them. But yes, talk to your regional director.

- John Magnuson, SoCal TT Director

Edited by Magnuson
  • Thanks 1

FYI - at the last May event at Sonoma, there were awards presented for the race groups as well as Time Trials.  The recommendation going forward is to ensure that the podium celebrations are added to the schedule so that competitors are aware.   See as an example of some the TT competitors getting awards in May.  But, to your point, this should be something that continues and should also be highlighted on the various social media platforms run by the regions.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=710688217730678&set=pb.100063685175259.-2207520000.

Edited by NorcalTT
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2023 at 1:28 PM, NorcalTT said:

FYI - at the last May event at Sonoma, there were awards presented for the race groups as well as Time Trials.  The recommendation going forward is to ensure that the podium celebrations are added to the schedule so that competitors are aware.   See as an example of some the TT competitors getting awards in May.  But, to your point, this should be something that continues and should also be highlighted on the various social media platforms run by the regions.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=710688217730678&set=pb.100063685175259.-2207520000.

Awesome. Glad to hear this. The timetrials is definetely an important community because is the trampoline for many to w2w racing. 

Is a more "budget friendly" experience. 

Is the next step after the hpde program

And we are fun and most important freakin beautiful ??

I mean Tony can be an hollywood celebrity. ?