What's new on your GPC Car since the last Event?

TexaST-1

Hey Gang,

It has been very quiet.

What sort of improvements or updates are being done?

I know this is a new class so most cars have opprotunity to improve. Except you Frank, we are making you slower by putting you on DOTs.

I have just finished installing new brake ducts, funny the fast you go the more part you use up!

We are installing a new engine it's a sumped LS1 (it's relatively stock, mainly machining- blueprinting, etc) and we are expecting around 450HP at the wheels. We also put on LG's long tube headers. Still stock brakes, suspension, clutch and rear. We will probably relocate the diff cooler to the rear where we can use the license plate vent to allow the heat to keep out of the cabin...may use a fan to help. So let us know if any weight/power ratios in the rulebooks change. Of course we will be dynoing it again, this time with a dyno tune. Then realignment and we are ready to go.

And you?

I'm just waiting to see what happens. Car is up for sale, looking for rentals (hard to find), wanting to race can't seem to find any cars.

I figured you would be up to something Brady.

I haven't had a chance to do much to the car other than repair it. I had to fix the power steering pump and add some additional brake ducting.

I still have yet to talk to Greg about my new approach for a points based GPC. My thoughts are still to have a similar HP to WT set up and to move some cars around based on competitveness.

The goal was to have the National Rules dine by the next Nasa Texas Race, does't look like that is going to happen. We'll just have to keep our local set of rules for the next race.

I have my newer engine in as of last night. It is just a stock LS-1 with the same cam out of my old engine, so the power lever should be the same. I put in a new clutch as well. I will be lucky to get it all together and running by thursday, so the only other mod will be an accusump that is coming, if it gets here in time.