Engine Size Rule

peerless

Hello,

Before I made the realization there was a spec e30 class I had already started building a new engine. I went with a 1mm overbore. From what I read in the rule book it states a max of .5mm overbore.

So does this mean I am totally disqualified from the spec E30 class

Hello,

Before I made the realization there was a spec e30 class I had already started building a new engine. I went with a 1mm overbore. From what I read in the rule book it states a max of .5mm overbore.

So does this mean I am totally disqualified from the spec E30 class

Robert:

Yes, that engine, not you, is not legal for Spec E30 racing. However, you can sell that engine and buy a legal one.

We have had a few situations where drivers made modifications prior to reading the rules ("But I thought it would be ok") and had to change the part to be legal. Almost always, they were able to sell the illegal part and recover some of the cost.

We are serious about the stability of our rules and our drivers like it that way.

I hope you can join Spec E30 and as I have said many times before, always, always, always, read the Spec E30 Rules prior to making any changes to your car.

Carter