Time Trialers Represent on Championship Entry List!

NASA Jim

Heheh well you obviously have not taken a long look at the car

As it sits (and ran at Mid-O) it should be classified in TTC. Even with all the mods I plan on doing it would be at the top end of TTA. BUT... I'm on some wierd mission... I think the car can do well in TTU.

Yes it is turbocharged and yes it is lightweight... but stock items currently on the car (with over 140K miles on the chassis) include: swaybars, end links, brake calipers and lines, suspension bushings, transmission, differential.

Engine internals and intake manifold are completely stock and out of a junkyard, mystery mileage, and no porting whatsoever. It only has a set of Koni yellows and a set of $40 ebay coilovers with 400 lb springs front and rear, and a set of 225 Toyos...

... which explains the large discrepancy between the TTU lap times. I was 5 seconds slower than that madcap Evo, and 3 seconds slower than Aaron's car. There's a lot of work to be done to make up that kind of time, but I am confident it can be done.

I know handling was our biggest problem at Mid-O so that's what I am focusing on, got a few tricks up my sleeve to help put down the power the car is making. The Evo is faster in a straight line for sure, but I was pretty close to the Vettes.

Sooo... yes, underdeveloped, but not for long. Keep a look out for the black chick car at Putnam Park!

S

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Red Tornado

• Shawn M.

• GAC

• Greg G.

"the Miata is quite undeveloped"

Uh....TTU Miata...."undeveloped?" Lets see, base class TTE + like a million points = Miata in TTU.

John

I also hear there will be a late entry into the TTU ranks for Putnam from some local new hotshot Mustang guy.......May need to get the dyno ready!

John,

I say everyone in TT should have to dyno, scale and get teched at the track like I did at Mid-Ohio to insure we are in the right class. I was not sure about HP and that bumped me which is OK, just want to make sure we are all where we are supposed to be with so much competition.

Shane,

I got a job with Kumho Motorsports and will be traveling and doing tire testing and many other things, so I will not make Putnum or any of the other events this year. One good thing is I am heading to Lemans for testing and the race. I hope to see you another time some where so you can blow past me in that car of yours. Good luck at Putnam and be safe buddy.

Aaron Quine

Corvette NEWLY Classed TTU #121

OH/IN Member-Instructor

Aw man that's too bad, was looking forward to running with you this year. But good news on the job with Kumho!! Please tell Mike Irwin and Rudy I said HI and that I'll switch back to Kumhos when they start making a cantilevered tire

Sorry to get off topic... can we expect an updated entry list for national TT soon?

Thanks!

S

Aaron,

Congratulation, but I have to say I'm not happy you're done for the year. Good luck. Perhaps we could discuss a little Kumho sponsorship program for the TT series?

Also, the dyno requirement is one we're kicking around for Nationals, but not required at this point. It is geared towards major engine swaps and urbo upgrades on very high-end cars where the points system becomes ineffective. As for the weighing and review, stay tuned for the rest of the year. I've reviewed all class forms, identified potential "questionable" areas, and will be digging deeper at every event. Your car was not the only one weighed at Mid Ohio. Remember, if there is a class change it is retroactive for all previous events. The goal is to have everyone on an even playing field and be as fair as possible. So, unless you hit the track and I think you've eclipsed the 560HP mark you'll be just fine.

Shane,

Touche' my man, you are spot on with the comments, except for maybe the TTC comments, but that's yesterdays news. I'd love to see the "chick car" running away form the pack. See you at PP.

John

I am sorry too! I was just getting unwound from the winter blues. I know we sponsored that set for MO and I will work with Rudy to see if there is any interest in doing so.

Good call on the tech stuff. You are doing one hell of a job. Tell you what, I will work on getting some tire sponsor deals and you work on finding me a MOTOR SPONSOR so I can get that 560 HP to catch that EVO!

My cell to stay in touch is 330-573-4338 which will also be my Kumho number for now too since I will be in and out of the office traveling and such.

See ya,

Aaron Quine

Corvette NEWLY Classed TTU #121

OH/IN Member-Instructor

• National Staff

Looks like we are up to 39 entries now, with 20 of them from CA/AZ/WA (NorCal, SoCal, AZ regions):

TTR--3

TTU--11

TTA--6

TTB--4

TTC--4

TTD--3

TTE--5

TTF--3

So, we need one more TTR, TTD, and TTF to certify those classes (assuming no cancellations before Sept 1st).

Now, lets work on you guys that are not 2400 miles away. The Left Coasters (3 regions out of 11) have more entrants than the rest of you put together.

TTU is obviously packed.

A little fear about rule enforcement with the most competitive, largest group based on several issues already.

So did we get a 2nd run group???

Greg, do we have to have the 5 events in the same class we do the nationals in.

Example: if I run all year in TTU but then decide to do some mods and run TTR at the nationals can I do that???

• National Staff

Yes, I will allow you to go from TTU to TTR (you're getting scared already, huh ). What I don't want is for a TTF driver to find a TTR ride and not have some regional competition experience in the car before competing in the Championships.

And no, we don't have a second run group yet. The longer it takes for the East of the Rockies drivers to sign up, the more chance we have of a "dilemma". We had 30 drivers at the last Mid-Ohio event, but there are only 13 current Oh/Ind and Midwest drivers signed up. We need some RM, TX, East Coast, and more Southern States registrants.

Actually, looks like I counted the West Coast drivers incorrectly, there are actually 21 (Pat L. is a SoCal driver not a NY driver).

... as will I at Putnam Park next weekend. I can think of at least five drivers I personally know that should have signed up already!

S

Actually, looks like I counted the West Coast drivers incorrectly, there are actually 21 (Pat L. is a SoCal driver not a NY driver).

21 out of 39 from the West Coast? Wow! What the hell is up with the rest of you guys out in other regions? We're a 5,000-mile round trip away, and still we come!

Hey, I noticed that there are a few PT drivers in some of the regions. Those guys should be encouraged to run TT as well. That could help bump things up.

21 out of 39 from the West Coast? Wow! What the hell is up with the rest of you guys out in other regions? We're a 5,000-mile round trip away, and still we come!

But you West Coasters have all the money!

• Members

I so wish that were true.....

I dont even need all the money, just some would do.

Hmmmm...Z06, Sentra chassis car...Z06, Sentra. Who has the money??

yeah but our z06's are C5 models so they aren't brand new.

Haha, keep reaching brotha'. My car is over 15 years old, and Shawn's is older than that! So much for our deep Cali pockets.

• Members
That must be what happens when your homes cost 5 times what the same home on the east coast costs.

Vote to ban!

Hmmmm...Z06, Sentra chassis car...Z06, Sentra. Who has the money??

Yea, I've seen all that Hollywood money on TV. You can't fool me! I bet you guys have Autozones on Rodeo Drive with valet parking.

Yeah, no doubt. Anyone who can afford to rent a Caliper when they come to Road Atlanta can do whatever mods they want.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay guys, I just spent 3 glorious days at Mid-Ohio in preparation for the nationals in September. It was my first time there.

For those of you who have never been, the track is "simply marvelous!" There's grip to spare. The new surface is smoother than a baby's azz.

Video or TV doesn't do justice to the track. The elevation changes are more abrupt than they appear in TV and the blind corners are truly blind.

Here's a video clip from this weekend:

Giddy up!

Okay guys, I just spent 3 glorious days at Mid-Ohio in preparation for the nationals in September. It was my first time there.

For those of you who have never been, the track is "simply marvelous!" There's grip to spare. The new surface is smoother than a baby's azz.

Video or TV doesn't do justice to the track. The elevation changes are more abrupt than they appear in TV and the blind corners are truly blind.

Here's a video clip from this weekend:

Giddy up!

DLing the clip now. Thanks for getting us Caleefourneens some video to check out!

Thanks for getting us Caleefourneens some video to check out!

Uh Oh! You Caleenfoureens weren't supposed to see that. It was intended for the SE guys only!

Greg, is it too late to change venues? Maybe CMP in Kershaw?