"BIG REDS"

Z06RACER

I bought a Z06 that came with the Brembo Big reds on it. i have taken them off and installed a new brake system.

They are in great condition(might need some paint) and the pads have 75% life left. I want $1200 + shipping.

So the question is>>>>do these work on the 944??? Anybody interested or do you know of anybody that might be interested.

Thanks.............................

I doubt a Z06 brake system will work on a Porsche, but I could be wrong.

944 spec cars are required to run stock brakes so none of us are looking for any brake upgrades.

Also $1200 buys complete donor cars for us.

Like I said... I did not know you coud fit the same brakes on a Z06 as you could a Porsche.

The short answer is yes they could be put on 944. However that does not change the fact that these brakes are of no use on a 944 spec car not to mention not legal.

the GTS challenge area has a mix of BMW and Porsche drivers some of which may be interested in these brakes.

Bob,

Post these over at VWVortex.com classifieds. VW guys droll over big reds and they bolt on the new VW GTi's

you'd get 1200 over there in a few days for them prob. If they are in fact Big Reds find out what year 911/Boxter S they came off then advertise them as such. You will really throw people off by selling them as Z06 Brakes.

Thanks for the tip on Vortex. Unfortunately the link to the classifieds is broken.

I can see how you might have been thrown off about the brakes being from a corvette. The corvette I bought is a race car built by a guy who raced P-cars. I guess he figured these would work well on the vette...he was wrong. Anyway, when I changed out the brake system the race shop told me these calipers were hot in the Porsche community...maybe on the 911??? Not being a Porsche guy I didn't know where to try and sell them.

Any other ideas???

Thanks..................

Post an advertisement on Rennlist.com.

Big Reds are a great mod on any 911 and 993 (except widebody & turbo cars as they alread have them).