Car Numbers

Dray

David, if you're not going to paint the car, let's get some number plates and your name on the widshield right away. I'll install them for free. Every car we get the decals onto is an advertisement for the fun this series offers. I'll have more NASA decals asap in the mail as per Ryan Flaherty. Welcome, you old salt................

At your service,

Dylan: good thing you didn't buy those wheels and tires. Tim said they didn't stick worth a damn.

Tim: Our car will be White and a little blue. #69 if it's ok. We're shooting for the March event.

Yep. Concur with the Joemeister. They were slower only because they were new. We put 4 cycles on them and ground them down a bit. Our personal experience last weekend has really made me rethink the value of shaving versus length of tire life. Can't argue with empirical evidence.

Tim,

#59 is ready for numbers. MOMs is putting in the cage next week starting Monday. You can order the numbers anytime ... just let me know how much and I'll send you a check. I'll be at the next NASA racing school, which I think is in March, and then I'll be part of the show.

Mark

Great news, Mark! Send your check directly to Final Touch Graphics in Sorrento Valley. Their number is 858.558.1071. Talk to John or Justin. I called John today and ordered your numbers and name. I already have the colored pin stripes for the number plates. I'll install for free while the car is at MOM's.

At your service,

David Ray, #69 and Naran, #99, you guys can order your numbers from Final Touch Graphics also. You'll get the 3 white base plates, the 944-spec.com numbers to go on top of them, and your last name for the passenger side of the windshield just below your windshield banner, if you have one. The cost for us is $75.00 + tax. It's a good price, too. Again, call them at 858.558.1071.

I personally designed our number plates while I worked there, so wear them proudly. Having them all look the same really makes our group of 944's look professional!

• 2 weeks later...

I installed Foley's numbers and other 944-spec decals and they look great.

Yousko's numbers were ready for pick up at Final Touch Graphics.

Naran, David Ray, let's get 'em ordered.

On this subject Tim, can we transfer ownership of number 08 to Jason Wilberding and reserve number 88 for myself? Damn, that will put me down the list in number sequence. I guess I'll just have to win races so I'm up the top on points standings?

Tim, Dylan,

Driver listing Updated.

Dylan... don't worry about running with high number. Look who is next on the list.

Seems to work fine!

Dylan... don't worry about running with high number. Look who is next on the list.

Good man, us bad boys can sit at the back of the class!

Something else on your site interested me, track records. I was under the impression that my home track, the imfamous Big Willow, had a track record set by Mr. Tim Comeau at a 1:38.4 or .5? On your site it's set at;

Willow Springs 22 Tim Comeau 1:39.006 9/7/2003

So, 1:39.06, I think a couple of us have already come very very close to that mark. Tim, you better start sweatin' baby, we is on the march. No way we are going to let a womans race suit wearin' nancy boy lead the class!

Thanks again.

Dylan.

Well,

Dylan, Remember that track records only count during a NASA Race.

So that is where that number comes from.

Any practice times do not count.

Yeah I remember that, it seems others are trying to set the bar a little lower than it really is, well, officially is anyway. Just makes it an easier target come next year, giddy up!

You know I wonder if that is true? I know in my 993 the tires I was using ran better in warmer conditions, when cooler I just couldn't get any heat into them? How are the Toyo's in that respect?

Dylan.

Well cooler air means more HP.

There is an optimal temperature for racing. I am thinking something like 50-65F air temp with some sun to heat the track surface.

Also I have never had probelms getting heat into tires. Some times I takes a 5 or 6 lap for an early 8am session in 40F air temps, but drive it a little harder and you should be able to get temps up.

The biggest problem is that if air temps are 100F you make less power and the track is 130F the tires can get too warm and not grip just right.

Like anything there is balance between cool air for hp and track temp for tire grip. At a place like Willow i'd give the edge to HP.

BTW... what time of year a most POC track records set?

BTW... what time of year a most POC track records set?

There seems to big a fair spread across the calendar for Track Records so it's hard to say?

I thought Big Willow was a momentum track vs a hp track. I would think a track with more turns and more shifting would require more braking and more hp.