1990 Mustang 5-lug wheel upgrade question

fast_frank_d

Hello all,

I'm prepping a 1990 mustang for HPDE duty and will be upgrading to SN95 5-lug disc brakes and 17x9 rims. Does anyone here have experience with this upgrade? If I pick the right parts to retain the original track width, will OEM 94+ Cobra wheels work? If I go aftermarket, what backspacing/offset am I really looking for?

Thanks for listening....

Frank D.

You could probably piece it together for pretty cheap. Check out the classified section on http://www.corral.net I had mine done for less than $500. I used Ranger axles (I don't remember which side, but I think it's drivers). Ranger axles are the same length as stock 4 luggers. You can also use SN95 axles, they're slightly longer. V6, GT and Cobra rear calipers are nearly the same. You'll have to do a tiny bit of grinding on teh GT/ V6 (Varga) caliper. I have 01 Cobra calipers/brackets in the front. I don't remember what Master Cylinder is on my car. I still have the stock booster. They pedal is firm, and easily to modulate. Mine is a little soft at low rpm, but that's because of my cam

• 3 weeks later...