Tires for HPDE?

mcmmotorsports

I have a 1994 Civic I am preparing for the July 29-30 HPDE at VIR.

What are the rules in regards to tire usage?

Meaning, I have unlimited access to 13" Goodyear racing slicks that might stick out from the fenders slightly and they are not DOT rated since they are racing slicks. Saw nothing in the CCR about tires.

I have a 1994 Civic I am preparing for the July 29-30 HPDE at VIR.

What are the rules in regards to tire usage?

Meaning, I have unlimited access to 13" Goodyear racing slicks that might stick out from the fenders slightly and they are not DOT rated since they are racing slicks. Saw nothing in the CCR about tires.

It's a race track, tires are whatever you want .

I know you have some circle track experience, but you _might_ want to do your first event on a street tire and not a full fledged slick just yet. Also, if it rains, you are not going anywhere.

Actually Chad, this will not be my first event

HPDE 3-Rockingham 6/18/06

mcmtherock.jpg

Also, these tires are actually groved slicks, kinda hard to explain, but they might work in the rain.

Then run your tires .

You coming for the Friday open tracking? I'm thinking about running the HPDE so I can get some in-car video with a buddy of mine and maybe do some comp school drills.

I don't know if I will make it up there on Friday, had to pull strings to make it Saturday and Sunday.

I was asking about the tires mainly because I wasn't sure if they needed to be DOT and if there was a problem with them sticking out the fenders.

Here is a pic of a Hoosier tire that is similar to the Goodyears:

scan002001.jpg

just curious but is it the Goodyear D2330 or D2430? If so I am interested to know how they hold up... I just can't fit 13's on my car or I would be using the above tires myself.

Ahhh...I might have the same issue.

Found a good deal on 15" Konig Minuz wheels for $90 a piece, might just go and buy them along with some 205-50-15 RA-1's