Where are all the VVC cars for Nationals??????

ledfoot2

I know our class is getting shuffled because of the GPC issue, but where are all the cars for Nationals? I am the only one registered for VVC-1 and there are no cars for VVC-2. I am driving all the way from South Texas (about 1900miles), so no one else should have the excuse that they have to drive too far. I don't want to run in the PT class because there is only one PTA car right now registered. So all the cars that plan to go should register, so we can see if a class is going to materialize.

..now hold on just a minute James. You signed up for X. I'm down here in Atlanta trying to figure out how I'm gonna beat that 1650hp monster and now you are changing classes. Did we scare you off??

Whose T1 car did you buy????

Bob,

I was all ready to run in X. I blew my motor @ MidOhio in April. I have been back and forth with Scoggin Dickey. The new motor (all 1650HP of ity) only makes 20 - 25 pounds of oil pressure. I am about to pull the motor out and send it back to them. Since I haven't made any of the 5 qualifing races this year I had to get a car to race next weekend. I bought a Phoenix built 2003 Vette. It has never been raced and all of the parts are pratically new. I will be racing T1 next year with it. (Or T2 if they shift the classes)

If there is less than than 4 in VVC1 and we have to move. I wont move to PTA I will move to VVCx.

I hope we can get a good count of the cars. I don't want drive all the way up to Ohio just to race with a couple of cars, or in a class with VVX cars that I won't even get to see after the start. Everyone that is planning on going should at least post up on here....please

I can change my engine back to run VVC-1 or stay in X, I think my rear wheel HP is too strong for VVC-2. I am gonna go check.

Rainman, no matter what you should have someone to race. Our run group should have pleanty of cars from different classes.

It looks like PT may be the way to go. Everyone needs to register so we can see if it will make a class. Mid-Ohio is 1800 miles from my house. At 6 mpg, I need to know that I will have a class to race in that is worth the drive. I don't want to get thrown in some oddball class or VVX, where I don't have a chance.

If I use PT as it stands I'll be in the top class. Hey if they Radicals get in our way we can run over the top of them and crush'em!

I maybe in VVC-2. I don't think we have to have 4 cars per class in VVC just 4 cars in VVC total, I could be wrong.

I like the idea of running over the radicals Kevin. Maybe if you hit that jump they have at Mid-Ohio just right you can pull a General Lee move right over them!

I agree about the car count. I wish we could have gotten the GPC rules in time. I am having second thoughts about going now. The cost/benefit ratio does not seem to be working out very well.

We will work on GPC over the winter and hopefully come out in 2007 with a full season nation wide.

I still get emails from new participants.

• National Staff
If I use PT as it stands I'll be in the top class. Hey if they Radicals get in our way we can run over the top of them and crush'em!

I maybe in VVC-2. I don't think we have to have 4 cars per class in VVC just 4 cars in VVC total, I could be wrong.

Kevin, you need 4 cars for each class, so that would mean 4 cars for VVC-2.

Like I said, Icould be wrong.

I will probably bump my car to X then. It will be easier to put slicks on the car than to change the motor back!

• 1 month later...

Okay Guys only about 1 month to go......

Only 5 VVC cars.

Kevin...are you going or not??

What about Brady and Frank B. ...are you guys coming???

Look at ALL the other classes and they have great participation. This group has the worst. If we don't get some more cars they are going to lump us in Super unlimited. Somebody is running a Stohr DSR in that group...that car will be 10 seconds faster then anything else.

C'mon guys sign up for this.

I need to find 4 races in less than 1 month. I have to bust @ss to make midohio this comming weekend. Just came back from vacation..If i do not make mid ohio this weekend i have to bail.....

I have an email to the director of oh / in region. asking for an exemption to run TT's this weekend. I see that it was sold out.

Make sure you tell him that you only need one session per day and you need points to get into nationals. That generally helps as he knows that you wont be on track for all of the sessions as you will get a timed lap on the first complete lap.

Frank..

james is right. You don't need to rent a car..run your race car...hell run your truck. It doesn't make any difference...you just need to participate. IE: they want the money. So go out in TT w/ your tow rig , do one slow lap, tell them its broke , park it and do it again on sunday.

I can't imagine NASA not supporting anything you do to get you to the nationals. They don't even have 300 cars yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • National Staff

There are 3 VVC1 and 3 VVCX cars registered (and Kevin isn't one of them ). Ray, why don't you re-register for VVC1 to fill the 4 car requirement? And, if you want to double your track time, race in PTA also (there are already four PTA cars) for the extra $299 registration fee. I'm not sure if the other VVC1 cars fit into PTA or not--it seems that the C5's can just squeek in depending on their mods. C-4's have a really good chance of classing into PT.

Frank, you can still knock out four "events" in one weekend at Summit Point or Pocono by racing and running at least one session of TT per day. Kevin, you are still going, right?

Greg..will be very tough to knock out 4 sessions at summit point this comming weekend. I tried Pocono, was told they do not sell fuel at the track so i backed out of this event. My car requires higher octaine which the local fuel station does not carry. The stars are not lining up in my favor to make Nats. I've emailed the people in charge of Mid Atlantic August 13, 2006 inquiring about TT but have heard nothing back from them..I take this as the TT's are full. Looks like my Registration for the Nats will be refunded.

If NASA had a 1 day race fee, I would have had no problem getting all my races in. My work schedule is such that i can only get 1 race in on a race weekend especially during summers.

If i fail at Summit to get in 4 starts i am extremely sorry to all those in the V V classes.

• National Staff

Frank,

If TT was full for Summit Point, then it wouldn't be available still as an option to choose on the registration page https://www.nasaproracing.com/nasa_event/show/?event_id=400 Also, since it looks like TT has it's own run group, there is no way that it will be full in that region. If you already have one event for the year, and can make it to both days at Summit Point, then all you need to do is register on-line for Racing and TT, and you are good to go. All NASA competition licensed drivers are eligible to run TT in regional events. They just need to behave in the TT sesssions, and remember that it isn't a race for the checkered. If you have any other questions, you can contact [email protected] (Jon Felton--Mid Atlantic TT Director).

Frank...

David Farmer qualified for the Nationals in the August NASA event at Road Atlanta. He ran two thunder races, two TT's and the lightning race. So you could qulaify as well. Please try to make it...we really need you.

Also.... I needed one race to qualify, my rear end went out after one lap of qualifying. I borrowed my friends Z06, did one slow lap in the TT and I'm now qualified. I also heard that if you are short a race, you acan get your area director to get you a waiver base on what type of race license you have. IE; SCCA pro or national. They just want to make sure you have the appropriate experience.