WAFlowers

August 12 autocross

Jamie

Kenny -- do you need my generator (the one we used at the last Brooksville event) this time?

Alizarin
Kenny -- do you need my generator (the one we used at the last Brooksville event) this time?

Me?! Well, I don't have one. If the club doesn't, I guess we probably could stand to have it.

I guess I should start going through the stuff that I need to do as a chairman...

Andrew, do you remember if we had enough marble dust after the last event? Checklist says 2 bags... I could go pick some up if needed.

Bill, are you still able to tow the trailer?

I thought I saw a few people volunteer for various positions (tech, reg, etc) but I can't for the life of me find them right now. If you're willing, please PM me.

Loren

The club has a generator, but whether or not it still runs is a mystery. At the very least, it could use some maintenance. With such short time before this event, I'd suggest taking Jamie up on his offer.

blacksheep-1

My generator is also available.

WAFlowers
Bill, are you still able to tow the trailer?

With the change of venue and the conflict with my schedule this has become a major problem. It now looks like I will NOT be able to pull the trailer!

I know this will cause major problems, but I just can't see how I can get the trailer to Brooksville, get back to St. Pete's Beach for my company picnic, then back to Brooksville in time to pick up the trailer again.

Sorry people.

Alizarin

Dan, is there a possibility of dropping off the trailer the Friday before? I may be able to arrange to have it dropped off and picked up if so.

d_rasp

I can find out early next week. My contact there is only available during normal business hours. . .

bequietanddrive

waiting to register pending tralier status...

WAFlowers

There may be a trailer solution. Off-line discussions are occurring. Stay tuned ...

Alizarin

Well, as of when I type this, I still have no PMs for anybody volunteering to tech, or do registration, or anything of that nature. This is an official call for volunteers! Please help, I don't think I'm qualified to do all of it.

Jeremy

I would volunteer for something but I am not sure I can make it. Who is designing the course and will a map be posted?

Native

pm sent

c'mon, ya'll !!

Alizarin
I would volunteer for something but I am not sure I can make it. Who is designing the course and will a map be posted?

I've got a course map in the works (be afraid...), its pretty much done, just a few things to tweak. I'll post it as soon as I have it blessed by the safety guys.

d_rasp

Do we have delivery of the trailer sorted out yet? Not going to be much fun with me counting all y'alls runs like this:

"One-onethousand, two-onethousand, three-onethousand. . ."

Charles
Well, as of when I type this, I still have no PMs for anybody volunteering to tech, or do registration, or anything of that nature. This is an official call for volunteers!

Gimme something(or 2) to do Kenny........

AScoda

Kenny, I'll be there early as usual to help wherever. Course setup, reg. tech.

I'll also be bringing my pop-up canopy and hope anyone else that has one will consider bringing one as well. Any extra shade at BV is always welcome. Extra coolers and more ice should be considered as well. Everything was warm at the end of the day last time we were there, and now it's August.

Jamie

I'll bring a canopy as well.

Alizarin
Well, as of when I type this, I still have no PMs for anybody volunteering to tech, or do registration, or anything of that nature. This is an official call for volunteers!

Gimme something(or 2) to do Kenny........

Looks like we still need somebody to do registration/check-in, would you be willing?

Also, it may be helpful to use the Saabaru to pick up pizzas

Charles

Also, it may be helpful to use the Saabaru to pick up pizzas

That'll work, I'll also take tech if you want to handle Reg Drew? Only pre-reg for this event so should go smooth.

Is our water+ice stock covered? Soda goes nice with pizza but with no shade at Bville we'll go through lots of water.

More importantly, whats the latest on the trailer shuffle?

d_rasp

I've got good & bad news:

"the Good" - Bill Schwab of Precision Mobile Tire Service is going to be dropping by our event. He has a mobile Hunter GSP9700 machine and will be able to do balancing & other tire-related services if needed. He is a Tire Rack approved installer & does great work. He also lives up there & has been to BMWCCA & PBOC events.

"the Bad" - At this point, I don't have a workable solution for getting the trailer to Brooksville. This is a HUGE issue as it contains all of our cones, chalk, coolers, stop watches, tech equipment, etc. Without the trailer, or at least it's most vital supplies I'm really not sure what we're all going to do to pass the time! No timing = sux. No course = no event!!! I don't think we've ever had to cancel a pre-registration event, but I'm not sure what else to do. . .

Alizarin

Dan, did you call them about access to the site on Friday? I can't promise anything at this point, but it is highly likely that I could bring it up on Friday evening (heck, or even afternoon, I have extra hours in at work already this week).

As for beverages, I know we went through alot of water at the last SPC event, so I'm unsure how much we have left. Anybody happen to have an idea? Do we also just buy a bunch of ice and haul it up there the day of?

RCroft

I can tow it with my Durango... maybe.

I have a trial that may or may not go on Monday, and if it is a go, I won't be driving on Sat.

I will know more tomorrow afternoon.

Right now, it's about 60/40 in favor of the case resolving. If everything goes my way tomorrow, it will shoot up to 80/20.

RC

Charles
I

"the Bad" - At this point, I don't have a workable solution for getting the trailer to Brooksville.

I'm assuming our site access is limited to Saturday morning for delivery? If so, how early will someone be at the gate to let us in and how early does the trailer need to be there?

Also do we have the returning of the trailer after the event covered?

d_rasp

We do not have a return plan for the trailer either. I will find out for sure about Fri. night drop-off, but I don't think that will work. Still worth checking out.

muddy

Why don't you rent a truck? That would certainly be better than cancelling the event.