WAFlowers

August 12 autocross

blacksheep-1

I'll take car of the generator and save Jamie taking 2 cars. BTW, is there a course map and directions to the track?

I'm assuming that we'll have more than 3 feet of straightaway?...oops, that was my other voice talking......

Loren
I'm also available to show RC where the trailer is stored ... if it hasn't already happened (must read more in the thread).

I know Bill works pretty close to where the trailer is stored, so I took him up on his offer. He'll be meeting the guys at 2pm today instead of me. (just a different fat bald guy with a beard driving a red Miata, you won't notice the difference)

Thanks, Bill!

Jamie
I'll take car of the generator and save Jamie taking 2 cars.

Thanks!

BTW, is there a course map and directions to the track?

I'm assuming that we'll have more than 3 feet of straightaway?...oops, that was my other voice talking......

Doesn't matter...I'll be hearing both voices behind me tomorrow....

I imagine Kenny's bringing a course map with him, but for those who have forgotten who to get to the site:

If you're anyone but Tim or me, take the route of your choice north to SR 52. If you're coming up I-75, turn west to US 41. If you're coming up US 19 or SR 589 (Suncoast Pkwy - toll road), turn east to US 41. If you're coming up 41, figure it out....

When you reach US 41, go north. When you reach the construction zone, look for a large "Suncoast Plastics" sign on the right -- you want to turn left onto the airport access road at that point. If there's no one at the gate, sit tight, there will be soon.

Tim and I get to skip all the "go north to SR 52" part...we already live north of known civilization.

For those of you coming up the Suncoast and looking to put on extra distance can continue north past SR 52, get off at Spring Hill Rd, then go to 41 and head south to the gate -- that takes you around the airport boundary. Strange way to do it, but many people use that as directions to the airport.

I'll be heading up to get there by 7 -- if any one wants a lead in, be at the Citgo station on the northwest corner of 52 and 41 at 6:30, and I'll link up with you there.

Edited by Guest

Loren

Let me get this right... you're starting at 52 & 41 and driving in a clockwise loop AROUND the airport to go south on 41... rather than just going north on 41 from there?

Color me confused.

Jamie
Color me confused.

The typical directions to the airport are "go north on SR 589 to the Spring Hill Rd exit, head east to US 41, and turn south." That places you on the northern edge of the airport and has you drive around the airport boundary to the gate we use...adds, another 10 miles and a $1 toll, so I always give directions the "difficult" way.

I'm going east on 52 (from my house) to 41, then heading north.

Alizarin

Trailer has been picked up, thanks again to Bill for showing us the way.

I'll go ahead and post a link to my course map, but please keep in mine that some parts may be shuffled a little bit to allow for a passing zone or if we see things that might be a little better when we get there. I'm going to print out a few legal-size copies we can use to set the course up, maybe post one on the trailer for everybody to stare at.

Course map or if you prefer, a long version.

Also, who is our equipment guru, and is he/she bringing ice? There's a 7-11 down the street, so I guess we could always get some there if needed.

Loren

The Timing Equipment has been healed and is ready to go.

Registration forms and entry lists have been printed.

FYI, I suggested to Dan that he call the airport to be sure they weren't going to cancel us due to the increased terrorist alert situation. He did and they aren't... let's hope it stays that way!

WAFlowers
Trailer has been picked up, thanks again to Bill for showing us the way.

Sorry I was late. Silly me was thinking in Central Daylight Time since I was dealing with a TX customer.

Glad I could help.

Charles

Also, who is our equipment guru, and is he/she bringing ice? There's a 7-11 down the street, so I guess we could always get some there if needed.

I bought three 24 packs of water a few hours ago and I'll grab maybe 3 bags of ice on my way in.....

timallen

I suggest we put up the tents tomorrow as there is NO shade at the airport runway!

I'll even help!

bequietanddrive

Some quick questions, hopefully someone will answer these by the morning...

It won't be a problem to bring a spectator, right? I know at SPC it was not a problem at all, just wanted to confirm.

Also, will the loaner helmets still be there, as per usual?

Jeremy
Remember, since this is Brooksville, I must have a list of ALL persons who will attend, even if they aren't going to participate at least one week before the event. I will close registration on the 6th (Sunday before) and turn in my list - at that point nobody will be added, no exceptions!