Who is in for TWS in two weeks?

ledfoot2

I am picking up the C5 today. I'll be there.

I know Jay-bird is bring his 996 (New Big Brakes)

Any word from Brady?

We may have some BMW's and Ferrari's there as well.

I think Brady is coming and a bunch a DE/ T.T..

Is that 996 a GPC-2 car yet? I can't even replace my battery with a smaller one and he can put a big brake kit on?

19.2 Starting Battery

19.2.1 The battery must be mounted safely in the stock location in GPC1. In GPC2 the battery may be relocated,. In GPCX, the battery may be mounted anywhere in the car, a safe location and in a safe manner. Relocated batteries must be fitted in a safe container and securely mounted.

19.2.2 The starting batteries may be replaced, but must use the same type (Group) for the body year as originally equipped in GPC1. GPC2 may replace the battery with a smaller and /or lighter automobile battery commonly found, and commercially available. It must be capable of starting the car, and cannot be modified.

19.2.3 GPCX cars may utilize any battery capable of starting the car.

The same "group" battery is going to be the same size. So, your saying I can put a racing battery in my car?

Sorry, my mistake. I guess I should know the rules I wrote.

The reason behind that rule is because in SCCA T1 they must use stock battery size and weight. I was using T1 as a basis for GPC-1. I wanted all T1 drivers to feel they could be competitive without modifying their cars to run NASA.

Kinda like NASA's GPC-X and the new SCCA Class D Production (Insert WCGT here).

Big brakes may have been a over statement. "New" might have been the correct word choice.

Lets see what he put on his car at TWS and he may be bump up to GPC-2.

I'm just kidding. The class seems to be pretty good the way it is. The Vette looks like it will be in good shape for the race. Cooling and leaking of the new engine seem to be under control.

I'll be there...signed up today.

Hopefully we have all my cooling issues taken care of. I also got the shocks back from Joe Stimola, but will put on those coil-overs after the TWS event. One thing at a time.

Brady

Brady, you need to put your Penske Coilovers on after TWS and test for a weekend at The Ranch. Mid-O is not a track to learn a new set up at.

What cooling issues do ya'll have?

Run LG Motorsports aluminum radiator and you will not have any.

I was having cooling issues after putting my rebuilt motor in. I tried to run it without fans, and I had put an aftermarket thermostat in. I put the fans back on and changed out the thermostat. It seems to be working. I solved my bent valve cover casued oil leak as well.

So lets go. I'll see if I can keep up with that pesky white Porsche.