New Hawk Blue brake pads and ducting

Tim Comeau

Got 'em in by UPS yesterday. Now I have to order the brake ducts from OG Racing. Then, the hard part. Trying to figure out how to feed fresh air to the ducts. 924S models don't have fog light openings to use for that purpose. DOH!

Perhaps Pagid Orange is too much brake pad on cars that need momentum, thus not too much braking? Hey, I'm fitting my 944 with the brakes from the 12 speed road bike from K-Mart. That should help with the lap times!

Pagid orange are great. They're just really expensive and we don't use the brakes that hard most of the time, though we will more and more as the competition tightens up! I've found in my experience that brake ducting takes away nothing but gives added insurance of temperature dissipation when you're running close with someone. Also, if you're street racing in Mexico with curbs and concrete K-rail, you don't get a second chance to keep your brake fluid from boiling.

I need some pads too Mr. Grow, be sure to hook me up also if you get a deal? How do they compare to Porterfields? I thought I pad $250 for the set on the red car. They still had lots of meat on them too!

Dylan.

Here's what I ordered ($206 w/ shipping):

1985 PORSCHE 944 (exc. TURBO)

HB199 (front) Blue 9012 $98/set

HB198 (rear) Blue 9012 $98/set

http://www.RaceShopper.com

1-800-733-8380

I don't know if its the best deal but it is better than several others I've found. Tell 'em I sent you and I get a whopping $10 referral credit!

Yep. That's good as far as I know. Others were around $113.00 - $115.00.

Tire Rack, Cobalt Blue. Thanks for sharing. You guys might want to bookmark that website to get cheap brake pads. Either that or win free pads at the races from me!

• 3 weeks later...

Man, the Hawk Blues made a ton of dust at Fontana. I care more about the performance, but they dirtied up my green wheels! They did work very well. At the race, I gave away (door prize drawing) a full set of Mintex brake pads from SSF IMPORTED AUTO PARTS! Thanks SSF!

About ducting.....

Tim can you tell me where you got the NACA ducts for your windows?

Sitting in that grid for 30 min. after the red flag on Sun. really made me think about anything that will help with the heat this summer.

Agreed. The answer is Dave Turner Motorsports. About $20.00. You have to shape it. Look at mine. The cool suit is a better answer for the extreme heat of our summers.