matthew436

New to the Road Race and Auto Cross scene. I have being look through different articles and have talked several suspension people about joining a club or group that enjoys the same thing. Not looking for a championship just weekend fun.

I currently am building a 1994 mustang gt with a soon to be 436 (4.040x4.250) windsor. I am considering a Evolution Motorsports watts link and a maybe there Tri-Link. I plan on making 550rwhp so the suspension has to be strong enough to handle abuse, the car will be a street car as well. Any advice or opinion on a great suspension with great response that is still streetable please feel free to let me know.

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/

Call Them, tell them what you want and what you expect, don't lie, don't make up stuff, tell them exaclty what you are after. They will either sell you something that will meet/exceed your expetations or they will tell you that it isnt possible. MM is a stand up company and great to work with.

If you plan to autox and win (ie you care about the class you are in) or you plan to roadrace then you should also look though the various classes and decided which one is for you, this will also dictate what suspension mods you can do. If you just want to have fun and do some HPDE's then don't worry about the rules, just make sure everything is safe.

I've talked Chris at MM and he said the Mustangs don't require a watts link to plant the rear tires. He said the panhard bar and torque arm are is plenty. I am just worried about durablity and reliablity. What sort cage is required for most classes and tracks?

I've talked Chris at MM and he said the Mustangs don't require a watts link to plant the rear tires. He said the panhard bar and torque arm are is plenty. I am just worried about durablity and reliablity. What sort cage is required for most classes and tracks?

For HPDE no cage is required, for racing it is all spelled out in the CCR, http://www.nasaproracing.com/rules.html

A WATTS is a little over kill considering the added weight over just a regular PHB.

The guys at MaximumMotorsports will give you some good advice and will give you a schedule of suggested parts to install if you can not buy it all at once.

I have an 04 Mach 1 and their panhard bars with adj. LCA, lowered with H&R race springs and adjustable shocks. Really a great set up for the Road Courses.

Look into a full subframe set up with parallel bars to stiffen up the frame. Yellow Mustang Club has a great write up on the set up I use.

After driving the Mach on the road courses for a year, I just could not bring myself to install a roll cage, so the Mach is now my fun car! I love driving the Mach on the highway and through the mountains but those D--- speed bumps!!!

Id run the stock motor until you get used to tracking.

horsepower hides mistakes too easily, and can get many-a-novice into deep $%&$*&^ trouble

+1. You can have a lot of fun on the stock motor. Especially w/ basic suspension work. You will love the stock motor on small or tight tracks.

well the stock motor, trans and every other part is gone. lol I already have MM full subframes and an AJE road race Kmember and Aarms. I also have MM C/C plates but there not installed. I am thinking of putting coil-overs on all around. O and I have bilstein struts up front just no shock yet.

well the stock motor, trans and every other part is gone. lol I already have MM full subframes and an AJE road race Kmember and Aarms. I also have MM C/C plates but there not installed. I am thinking of putting coil-overs on all around. O and I have bilstein struts up front just no shock yet.

I love my Bilsteins. MM k-member goes on my car this Friday. I have all the other junk. I love it.