midngn

Anyone see the 240SX Roll In Turn One @ Nationals on Sat?

midngn

I am a little fuzzy on exactly what happened during practice on Sat. morning at the NASA Nationals. Did anyone see the White #19 Nissan 240SX roll? Any one know of video or photos? I am trying to piece together what exactly happened. Since it was me, it all happened pretty fast. Thanks.

GRM Scott

I was behind you, I had given you a point by a bit earlier and we were both behind one of the Legends cars. I was actually a bit worried about how close you were to him going into Turn 1, they go like stink on the straights but their street tires mean they have to slow a bit more than R compound folks in the corners.

You had mentioned how you were able to go flat through 1, and it looked like you were committed to that approach when you caught up to him fast about an eighth of the way into the corner. I think you tapped the brakes--pretty sure I saw the lights, anyway--and that initiated the spin. I don' t think you had much room to correct, and the correction took you off into the grass/gravel anyway, just about perfectly sideways. I was doing my best to keep an eye on the legends car myself, but you passed out of my field of vision about 30-40 degrees into a roll (I was glancing at your exhaust plumbing).

When I came down the back straight I saw you on your wheels again apparently driving, so I figured you came out of it OK; later found out that was not the case.

midngn

From someone's account, he said he thought I rolled twice and was able to get the second roll on camera. I was pretty sure I rolled twice, but the minimal body damage made me think I might have been mistaken.

http://www1.snapfish.com/viewsharedphoto/p=990251159231882021/l=209338687/g=34971613/otsc=SYE/otsi=SPIC;jsessionid=FA76B1C7DEE3105FAC080541F25A4849

car in the back, just might be you Scott!!