window net mounting

spazegun2213

Alright guys,

I seek you advice on how to mount me window net. Reading the rules:

15.10 Window Nets

Window nets shall be used on the driver’s side window. The net shall be installed with a quick release mechanism at the top front mount so as to allow the window net to fall toward the floor of the vehicle when released. Fasteners must be metal and must be attached to the roll cage, and not the door or body. Drilling holes in the roll cage to mount the window net is strictly prohibited unless properly “bushedâ€

Get some vinyl-covered metal-braided line from Home Depot and some suitably small u-clamps. if you have a net with individual loops you can just loop the line through each lower end one and then to the door bars. If you have one long sleeve get a long flat piece of metal and drill a hole in each end. Run that thru the net and then the cables on each end and down to the door bars.

Get some vinyl-covered metal-braided line from Home Depot and some suitably small u-clamps. if you have a net with individual loops you can just loop the line through each lower end one and then to the door bars. If you have one long sleeve get a long flat piece of metal and drill a hole in each end. Run that thru the net and then the cables on each end and down to the door bars.

is that acceptable? if so it sounds like a great idea!

I also use the plastic coated cable. What I do different is use the crimp connectors that are actually made for it. They come in small packs and are available at any hardware store that has the cable. You can crimp them with a common electrical connector crimper. Simply loop the wire through a hole in the front of the lower window net rod and crimp. At the other end crimp a loop for a 1/4" bolt to fit through and attach it to a 1-3/4" roll bar clamp accessory mount. What's nice about this method is that you can adjust the clamp to pull the net tight when its in the up position. I also add two layers of shrink wrap over the wire near the connectors to help prevent the cable from catching on to anything.

CAUTION... make sure you strip back the plastic coating on ends of cable and use proper size crimp connector for steel cable size only..

in other words.. do not crimp with plastic coating on cable ends