GPC Class specs

AU N EGL

Looking for GPC Class specs. Cant seem to find them listed. Or will VVC still be the Vette Class for 2007?

Started to build / finish the car here and need to look at specifics other then general techs.

TIA

Tom

I'm after the same info Tom. It appears GPC will be intertwined with PT next season. But I'm not for certain. As it stands most of us would be immediately placed into SUO, so they have some massaging of the rules to do- so that we can play. The crummy thing about PT rules is that it's based of time trial rules, and penalizes you for every little enhancement even if it's for safety. Like adding points because you have more bracing of the roll cage or NASCAR bars. That's plain dumb when we are racing, and not just making laps for time. You should be able to make the car as safe as you need to, and build the car to fit into a HP/WT program outlined by a set of rules. IMHO.

We'll see what they come up with. I just hope it shows up soon enough for us to be able to build some conversation about this *new* class and then allow us the time it takes to build it properly to the specs. We tried this last year, but it wasn't a priority and we lost the momentum that GPC had created (which was exciting and a darn good plan with nice rules we could all fit into).

I'm ready to be pleasantly surprised by NASA!!

Brady

Thanks Brady

TT rules put me into TTR or TTU, I have all the safty items ( cage goes in this winter) but I dont have the HP for those classes.

I downloaded the PT rules and started to add up the points, Back up to the unlimeted mostly do to suppension and safty items, not HP/weight ratios.

Tom

• National Staff

You may have noticed that TTU had very few rules/restrictions for most of the cars competing (and TTR was basically SU for TT). For GPC (and likely the new TT rules for the classes above TTA, that should mirror GPC), we will be looking to keep things as simple as possible. Notice, I said, "....the TT rules...should mirror GPC" and not the other way around. There are no plans to make GPC complicated like PT classing. Once a car bumps out of PT, things get more simple (and more expensive ) I hope that we will have rules published in November.

There are no plans to make GPC complicated like PT classing. Once a car bumps out of PT, things get more simple (and more expensive ) I hope that we will have rules published in November.

So still looking at making GPC a sperate class then PT ?

Any possibilty that the GPC tech for cars would be close or mirror FIA GT2 & GT3? That would make things very simple to understand and build. Just a thought.