"Certificate of Destruction" - viable for racecar?

PIC Performance

The car in reference is this:

http://www.elitemotorcars.com/inventoryDetail.php?req=3540&cat=1/ACURA/INTEGRA

A 2001 theft recover ITR. Obviously most of the goodies are gone, but assuming they did not take the time to steal its 5-lug or stock suspension, and the body damage looks very minimal, could this be worth it if someone wanted to start from scratch?

Most everything that is gone would've been thrown out or replaced anyways.

• National Staff

Looks like a good start.

From the looks of the pictures, it is missing the 5 lug. It has 4 lug on there right now.

The biggest problem with these cars is that most of the time the sellers think they have something "really" special because they have a totally stripped "type R" and they want gold for it.

If I was you, I would just start with a car that is already done!

It will end up costing you A LOT LESS!

Assuming you'd want to put in a GSR / Type R engine in it, then no. They are pretty expensive!

As was said, you'd be much better off buying a built racecar.

Thats true, I've seen many nicely built cars up for sale that would definitely make better starters. but this stripped ITR (even with its 4lug) was very appealing. i guess its good for someone with the balls to build from scratch.

Building from scratch is one thing, but this is even a bit tougher than that. What happens if you instal your new engine and it doesn't start. Is it the engine or was there wiring issues from when you bought the thing? It could become a very, very long road to get the car on the track. JMO