New Class and GPU rules

Bus

I'm new to VVC. Just got my license in June. If the rules are reviewed please pay close attention to saftey mods on the car which do not improve performance. I am forced to run VVCX because my steering column is not factory stock. My battery has also been relocated but I would be happy to move it if the rules require it. I know there is a slight advantage by moving the battery around but I doubt it makes the car a killer. I purchased the car that way. My car makes 306.9 HP at the rear wheels and weighs 2950 lbs. I'm not much competition in VVCX. I'm hoping if things change and there is no VVC group that GPU is more realistic for low budget cars.

Since we are on the subject....I agree with Bus. I hope there will be a lower class for the low budget/entry level cars (C4's) with little engine work. With the "old" VVC rules I could have spent a lot of money (if I had any) to make 400rwhp and been legal for VVC1. That just seems like it would discourage some new guys on a budget. Anybody know what the lower level HP to Wt's will be for GPC or whatever it's going to be called???

BTW, Nice job Rudy and James at the Championships!! Hope to run with you guys next year.

Take care,

Matt

Matt, I will make no mistake when I tell you that a C4 will struggle to be competive in GPC.

The base level of performance is Touring One with some upgrades for durability. If you are unwilling to get your C4 to that level then just expect have alot fun. It would be very tough to win if you don't get to that level.

But please understand We Want You To Race With Us [/u]

• 1 month later...
  • National Staff

The short answer is Super Touring in '07. Sorry that I can't explain everything now, but it should all go public soon (again, hopefully within the next week or so).

• National Staff
Super Touring and Performance Touring two differnt classes??

Yes. Super Touring is for the cars that fit between PTA and Super Unlimited.