Vehicle Numbering and Lettering

cvervais

I'm getting the gear together needed to bring myself and my car out to HPDE events. Part of this is the numbering and lettering and through searching I've found most of my answers, 10" numbers in a contrasting color, the R letter on the sides and rear of my car, etc.

But, where is a good place to get magnetic numbers and letters? And, aside from the R letter what others should I get to represent which class I'm running in?

Thanks for the tips and I look forward to being on the track with you folks soon.

Typically for HPDE the use of duct tape works fine and if you're creative not bad looking either. There is no need to worry about class since it's HPDE. But be careful with magnetic signs since they can easily scratch your finish. If you want prodessionall numbers contact http://www.gogogear.com/ and then click on testimonials.

And be sure to check out that #44 car. LOL.

1) you do not need an 'R' on the car, anywhere. That is for the racing groups, not HPDE.

2) contact shelf paper (4 bux at Wally Mart), cut out the numbers, clean and wax the area you'll be applying them to and you're done.

Thanks guys, I was about to go with magnetic ones so I could re-use them but the contact paper sounds like a really good idea and is readily available in white.

If you use magnetics, be sure to secure the leading edge with racers tape if you want to keep them

I've seen many fly off, even with a proper angle cut on the edges...