d_rasp

November 12th @ Brooksville - REGISTRATION OPEN!!!

d_rasp

I'll kick this off. Registration is now open to NASA members for the Nov. 12th event @ Brooksville. Remember, I have to close registration a week before the event, so if you plan on attending, get registered, if you're not sure, send me your name so I can put you on the guest list and you can register on site.

As always, I need names for ANY guests one week before the event.

The '06 season has been great so far, and from what I hear people are loving the Brooksville site. We've got a few events under our belts now, and I'd really like to see MORE PEOPLE making the drive up to B-Ville to play with us. This month, please please please grab a friend and convince them to sign up, bring their car, and get their feet wet. Heck, we'll even call it, "Drag Your Friend Along Month." I'm going to work on something special in recognition of this, keep watching the board. . .

Charles

I'm chairing this event so I'm the one asking for volunteers for Nov

Course design is covered - Jeremy aka w0rd

Here is the part where we need our usual volunteers........

Early course setup? 2-3 bodies would be great

Trailer Delivery? Bill? If you are available can you deliver late Sat night?

Tech ? 2 guys

Registration worked good at the gate last time anyone volunteer for that?

Safety - Muddy

I'm not sure who all we have attending this event that knows how to work the timing equipment+record the times. If you do, speak up....

Water / Soda / Ice, who can deliver?

Edited by Guest

Loren

There's a chance I might not make this event. At the very least, I won't be there very early. I know y'all can handle things without me, but... I do have the timing equipment. Someone might want to come get it.

I guess if Bill Flowers is going, I can pass it off to him. (he lives close by)

Jamie

Chairman-elect Steve will have to do safety for this one...I'll be in Ft Myers that weekend.

Native

Not that I wouldn't jump at the chance, but I'm gonna be out of town, too, and won't be able to make it, either. I think this is the only event i've missed this year...figures. I hope ya'll have a great time - see you at SPC in December (I'm chairing that one, unless someone else wants to).

blacksheep-1

How do you know your NASA membership is up? They won't let me register.

Alizarin
How do you know your NASA membership is up? They won't let me register.

If you log in, then hit the "Edit my profile" button on the left side of the page, it will show your membership expiration date below the member number.

muddy

Jeremy convinced me that I should go, even though I will spend all day at Sebring on Saturday. I can do safety.

Loren
Jeremy convinced me that I should go, even though I will spend all day at Sebring on Saturday. I can do safety.

Hey, pick me up on your way... we can drive YOUR car Sunday.

Charles

Both of you Sebring dwellers suck!!! Since my last 2 day weekend there cost me in the neighborhood of $800 by the time I figure in gas(almost 1.5 tanks gone just on track), brake pads(were new, 2/3rds gone), tires, entree fees etc I'm sitting this one out.

Something tells me I need a cheaper car to run at that track

Hope to see you guys on Sunday and thanks for lending a hand!

blacksheep-1

thanks, I'm in (with a little surprise)

muddy

Hey, pick me up on your way... we can drive YOUR car Sunday.

I can't fit both you and the race tires in the car, but you are welcome to drive mine on Sunday.

KAILUAZ

Looks like plenty of room for my lead sled,,, another fast course. I see the finish is opposite the big container, good idea.

KAILUAZ

OK, being its bring your friends car to race day, I have my brother-in-law fired up to bring his Infinity out to destroy some cones.

My question is, what does he pay to run? I'm not sure hes interested in joining NASA just yet, but maybe after Sunday he will be.

Let me know what we need to do to get him squared away, thanks.

Eric

d_rasp

Non-members are $40, you can register them on the same NASA site as members.

Alizarin
Non-members are $40, you can register them on the same NASA site as members.

As soon as non-member registration is open

d_rasp

Heh! My bad. It's open now - c'mon all you non-members, get to registerin'!

Everyone remember: I have to close registration on the 5th of November to get my list in to Brooksville on time AND please e-mail or PM me with your guests names, or if you're not sure you'll be able to make it so that I can get you on the list!!!

Charles

Why do I get the impression we probably only have about 15-20 people registered for this event?

KAILUAZ

I have my brother in law coming with his car, so add +1.

I tried to get the local Mustang and Marauder guys to come out, I don't think they are interested in going anywhere but in a straight line.

More runs for us, we had 8 last time!

d_rasp

I see 16 people registred. That really sucks.

Unless we can start showing stronger #s for our Brooksville events, it may be time to have a long hard discussion about the future of the club. . .

Jamie

That weekend just seems particularly bad -- state championships the same weekend, probably a couple of people gone on vacation due to the 3-day weekend. Looking over the results, 30-35 seems more normal. Granted, that's just over half what we pull in at SPC. SCCA events pull in 40-50 at the same site...I've tried recruiting participants from those events, but haven't seen too much crossover so far. I suspect it's cost-related...granted, we serve lunch, but $40 for non-members is a jump when SCCA charges $25 (non-member, no lunch), BMWCCA charges $25 (anyone, lunch included), PCA $30 (non-member, no lunch). Not sure how we bridge that gap, but I think when/if we do, we'll see larger grids.

(Edit) Might have pulled in a few more people -- talked it up in response to some questions on the regional Miata.Net forum.

Charles

I think we will be hard pressed to run an event smoothly at Bville with <30 people......