HOW MANY 944 SPEC CARS ARE OUT THERE?

Tim Comeau

Chuck Sharp, San Diego, 1986, #58 Red / White Stripes, Car is ready, willing and able. Driver needs NASA License. Am working on NASA and PCA License for 2007.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tim Comeau

• 944-Spec#94

• hhdinyuma

• DavidH

Douglas (Doug) Briggs

Poway, California (San Diego)

#21, 1984 Ruby Red Metallic (The 'Purple' Porsche)

Predominantly needs weight removal and cage installed for full Spec, plus a few minor mods (sun roof, tow hooks, etc.)

Plan on entering series next year after earning NASA license.

I have only performed in PCA classed AX and TT up until now.

Best, Doug

I have an 1984 ITC spec 944 formerly raced at NASA and SCCA. I have been doing NorCal HPDE group 4 for 6 years. I need Toyo tires, and need to check my suspension etc for compliance. I do not have a race license, but Plan to join the group in the future (2+ years), unless someone buys my car in the mean time.

We, at Mantissport have just built 1 Spec 1 car # 21 and raced it at Daytona club race. The cars white with red accents. We are in the processs of building 1 more car, 3 more customer cars for Spec 1. The Mantissport Spec 1 cars are for rental use at PCA club races. So there's 5 possilbe Spec 1 cars in the northeast.

I'm posting for: Charlie Mason 1986 944 ,100 % finished...ran the car in TT D last season...license will be done in the spring. Brecksville, Ohio.

Rich Grehalva, Birmingham, Al ,85 Converted car from PCA I to SPC2 this year, License PCA, PBOC, NASA raced PCA Barber June 2006, Road Atlanta NASA August 2006, November PBOC 2006

Kevin Webb

Round Rock, TX

Car is an '83 and is Riviera Blue. Needs rear suspension, seats, harnesses, fire suppression, and a long list of minor details.

No current comp license, some DE experience in a 951.

Nice, But I know there's more out there!

Now that the list is filling out some, please consider contacting guys with projects in your neck of the woods. Please list your city in your profile, which shows up in the left column of every post. Stay in touch and get your own local group formed. It's ok if that group comprises several states! Mantis Sport's 944 spec rental program is even based in CANADA!! When we've raced the 944 spec cars in Mexico, the drivers down there have loved them.

ONE WORLD.

ONE CLASS.

944 CLUB RACING.

Start an email list of your local group to stay in touch with each other, trade parts, trade experience, set up common race dates. You guys who are responding here are the first wave. Every one of you is an ambassador for the class. Let's build it!

When a finished car comes up for sale, Let's all work hard to find a race driver shopping for a car! We need to keep these finished cars on the track and not languishing in some garage and gathering dust! Every PORSCHE wants to be raced!

Rich Grehalva,

Looks like there's going to be alot more PCA Spec-1 (944 spec) cars on the grid. Please consider converting to SP-1 for the increased grid numbers and fun !

Thanks for talking up the class, Dave. Nick Perdikaris has told me that as soon as he can sell his 993 race car( ex-Mike Joy-POC), he'd have me build him a 944 spec car! We've worked together several times at Streets, Pahrump, and the stadium, so he's serious. Let's help him sell that 993!

Neal Wright

San Diego CA

84 / White

Complete rebuild of engine, suspension, weld in cage, 30MM torsion bars, spec Koni's front & rear, 400 springs, race seat, harnesses, and fire system. Planning to start engine for first time this weekend. Needs alignment, wiring clean up, paint, and lots of details.

Plan on shaking down at San Diego PCA DE on November 24 and club race with POC Dec 2-3

POC/PCA/TCRA Race Licenses

POC Instructor

Tim,

Nick's 993 was also owned by Carl Toffelmeyer as well. He is going to have Autokennel help him sell it. Its a cool car. Nick and I go back a long way in PCA. He is a good guy and lives close by (Hermosa Beach).

The other guy is someone I went to high school with and has done some track time with his 993 (I see a recurring theme here...did you ever see my old car?). He is looking to buy one that is already built though.

Brian Harnish, La Mesa CA, 87 944 (will be Dk Green).

Suspension complete save corner balance and alignment

Motor/driveline complete except short 5th gear

Kirk Racing Cage is halfway welded in as of today, remainder on halloween!

Paint 1st week of Nov.

Shakedown at PCASDR Nov DE/AX

HPDE/License early 07.

Trailer, spare motor, 2 sets of wheels.

Greg Sharp

Rochester, NY

88' White

no license

Minor details needed. Planning on racing at Watkins Glen (DE, TT etc) in the spring when the temp is above 30* again.

944 spec racer caged, currently working on suspension and engine oil leak. Plan on being track ready by the first on January. Racing license application pending. San Diego.