'07 Rules Pre-release Talk--split topic from Provis.

Greg G.

SO my upper A-arms (+5) are free next year! If someone gets free camber bolts, I should get a shorter upper A/A so I can slide my lower A/A out more! (more camber)

Now lets talk exhuast systems and tires And cars with a straight rear drive axle or FWD get 20 free points, and AWD cars get +20

Wont work, you are a TTU car next year, get used to it!

Shouldnt of went so fast last weekend, ya skreud yerself!!

This is just another example of the "man" holding the brotha down

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greg G.

• StealthTT

• slowoldpoop

• slink

• National Staff

Keep in mind that...I really dont know what im talking about.

Finally something comes out of Shawn that is true

I suppose that you've never seen the dyno at 7's only at Buttonwillow (at the track--Duh). And, I suppose you've never seen us take Honda Challenge and USTCC cars there to get dyno'd for compliance? There are many tracks with dyno's at the track or very close by that can and are used for compliance testing in American Iron, USTCC, CMC, GTS, etc. There will always be a dyno available at the Championships, and there is an AWD dyno that we can use if necessary about 60-90 minutes away.

• Members

Keep in mind that...I really dont know what im talking about.

Finally something comes out of Shawn that is true

remember why you pay me?

Just always make me look smart on the forums.

yeah, thats why. How else can I afford to race?

i am SURE somewhere greg said camber is free (no points ) for 2007.

Oh yeah, that was in the "appease Ken Brewer" thread.

- Mark

Ken =

Hmmm, I am SURE somewhere Greg said camber is free (no points) in 2007.

Yup, thats why my Beetle Turbo S was never competative in GS.

Did you run the teddy bear wheels on it?

I'd expect wit of that caliber coming from an MR2 driver... but a Miata driver!! wow! You must be far above average

...There will always be a dyno available at the Championships, and there is an AWD dyno that we can use if necessary about 60-90 minutes away.

Now exactly how big of a cheating bastard do you have to be in order to get slapped with a 90 minute tow to the dyno??? Geeez!

Greg, this question is for you:

In '07 will we actually be following the rules as written, or will the rules be erraticaly enforced on the inspectors' ideas on the 'intent' of the rules, as it has been this year? Real racing with real competitors requires stability in the rules and the ability for scrutineers to enforce rules based on the letter, not the intent. Scrutineers rarely understand all of the rules, and any rules which cannot be interpreted without understanding is useless as best, debilitating to the series at worst.

Five different guys get five different answere on any given issue, and I don't actually think the current rules are unclear if you actually use the correct, english definition of each word. What is being done to address issues like the recent Evo ECU thread, in which the official ruling handed out by GG is contradictory to precedent and opinion of NorCal scrutineers, as well as the written letter of the rules?