FONTANA!!!!

Spec-944#70

Dylan, did it sound to you like Joe "Mr. rattle-can-red" Paluch was trying to rationalize his cars performance in the looks category?

Also, did you hear about the attempted fiendish voodoo plot at Fontana? Benbow, et al, taped a post card of the sinking Titanic to my dash board.

What a crew..................

Also, did you hear about the attempted fiendish voodoo plot at Fontana? Benbow, et al, taped a post card of the sinking Titanic to my dash board.

What a crew..................

I can't take credit for that one but it was a great idea!!!

We taped a photo of the Titanic sinking on Timmy's dash, far enough away so he couldn't remove it once his harness was tight. We wanted to let him know the big ship was GOING DOWN!! Unfortunatly he got someone to help remove it in pregrid and deactivated our secret voodoo curse.

I just sent the following to Ryan regarding last weekend. Any thoughts?

Ryan, I heard a lot of grumbling last weekend about track time and large run groups. Several of the Phoenix guys thought it was not even worth sticking around for Sunday's track time. I too was a bit irked with the abbreviated run sessions and I think Saturday's numbers were a bit over the top. With attrition, Sunday was much better with about 65 (if memory serves). Do we have a formula for cutting off the number of entrants? PCA, for instance, is limited to 23 cars per mile of track. The general impression that many voiced was that NASA was more concerned with entry fees than the quality and safety of the racing.

That aside, I have more of a concern with relative value. According to the PHX guys, they run an additional 20 minute practice session per day. Can't we do this? Can we steal some time from HPDE or have them start an hour earlier? On a $ per minute basis, we are paying double that of HPDE ($275 for 150 minutes = $1.83/min versus $150 for 160 minutes = $.93/min). For comparative basis, the PCA event at Fontana in two weeks promises us four (4) hours of track time for $395. Surely we can do better.

Well David, that letter is rather direct to the point.

however, I think most people there would agree with your statements. Saturday was very disappointing in both session times and #'s on track. What were the sessions? something like 19 minutes, 13 minutes, then the race? I do know I only put 19 miles on in the first session, and a daily total of 85 miles.

Sunday was better in #'s, but still the sessions were pretty short. I only got 16 miles in on the first session, and we all know how the race turned out. 2lap sprint finish. I understand the race situation somewhat with the upside down Miata, but it still ended a disappointing weekend on a down note.

On the positive, I did enjoy the comraderie of the 944 guys. Everyone seemed pretty upbeat and there was some fun trash talking off and on. The last 2 lap sprint did turn out to be quite competitive as you can see by the times and the short distances between finishers. And the group dinner on Saturday night was entertaining as well. Nice to find out that Paul and Glenn live in the hood, while Tim is on a serious vigilante kick.

Naw, I used to be a serious vigilante. Not anymore. I hung up my guns and moved to a nicer area. Though we did make quite an impact according to police stats for the area we used to live in.