AWD dyno question

MustGoFaster

In the rules I see this:

Dynojet, Mustang, or Dynapack for AWD cars, in a

commercial facility that offers dynamometer testing as part of their business and is open to the

public.

My question is, is there any specific reason a Dyno Dynamics Dyno isn't allowed?

"AWD drivers need to be especially careful that their cars will be compliant on any

official Dyno that is available."

Will the ST official/director for each race/track publish which dyno will be the dyno used to certify AWD horsepower for that given event or track?

"AWD drivers need to be especially careful that their cars will be compliant on any

official Dyno that is available."

Will the ST official/director for each race/track publish which dyno will be the dyno used to certify AWD horsepower for that given event or track?

Great question and I'm glad I searched before I posted the exact same one.

• National Staff

I did the research, and unfortunately, there aren't enough of any one type of AWD dyno in the USA yet to justify declaring a single brand. My understanding is that about 25 units are being sold per year of the brand that I would prefer to use. But, there are still less than 50 out there now. It is what it is. I think that each region should find the closest shop to each of their tracks that is willing to play ball, and let their drivers know which dyno they would use locally. Also, I really recommend that you guys just get the GPS units. You will need it for the Championships anyway, and if you had one, I think you would be much less likely to be called out for a dyno test.

I am just wondering. My car will be dyno'd, as I have an AWD DD (DynoDynamics) at my shop. I know the DD brand dyno's read lower than just about any other, so I will be adding a multiplier to my numbers that will approximate Dyno Jet numbers. But I really have no idea why I am getting this far ahead of myself. If I were going to be racing, ST1 looks like it would be my class, but I won't be racing this year, I need to learn how to drive first.

Greg, can we get a group buy going with the company that provides the GPS system? Also, where did you shake out on finding people to look through the GPS data? Is it going to be based on the "Hey, that guy is hauling a little too much ass" factor?