How Many are in for ST - SU and What are You Bringin'?

TexaST-1

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TexaST-1

• Tiger Racing

• AU N EGL

• Falcon

Raftracer, you gonna do any TT with it next year? Or completely making the switch to road race?

I might run ST1 just so I can continue having Danny hand my arse to me... I hate withdrawal symptoms

"i think matt wants #26 for the 26 bottles of power steering fluid we went through at the nationals Rolling Eyes or the 26 inch pry bar needed to pop the hood release Laughing thanks again for the offer matt Shocked"

I think it was 26 gallons... Hopefully next year we can keep both of our cars running. (and tow vehicles!!)

If I have clearance to blow my tax return money I should be playing with the higher HP club. So ST2 should be fun. Otherwise I will be playing with those lowly S2000 TTA cars.

Cheers

Raftracer, you gonna do any TT with it next year? Or completely making the switch to road race?

I might run ST1 just so I can continue having Danny hand my arse to me... I hate withdrawal symptoms

Shane,

I probably will try to afford to do both, TT is a very good way to pratice qualifying. I should have been doing W2W last year, but I got behind in somethings I needed to get accomplished. Hopefully with the new mods the car will go significantly faster.....I believe with the new rules set in TT , they have fixed the C5 Corvette issues. Or at least all of the C5's should be viewed as equal when modded. So, up will go the power level.....I should be gaining 100+ rwhp, will make things more exciting than before. I honoestly believe with the power increase alone that the car will go sub 30's on the club course and ??? on the pro. Hell ran a 32.5 in August with the car pushing like a train. There was more at the current level, but was unable to attend in September to find it.

Look forward to seeing all of my NASA buddies next year and getting to run my car(s) again. ( I am currently watching it snow like crazy)

Yeah we missed ya in Sept... hope everything is well on your end.

I'll be adding more HP as well so we can continue our drag racing down the straights... but more than anything I need bigger tires, the little 225's just don't have the mechanical grip that the Vette's super gumbos have.

Unfortunately it's as big a tire as I can get in 15"... my options are very limited.. so might have to step up to 16's (don't wanna, they're heavy!) If I can get the tires addressed, then it'll be time to ditch the $40 ebay coilover setup in favor of a real suspension LOL.

Sorry about the thread hijack!

.....I believe with the new rules set in TT , they have fixed the C5 Corvette issues. Or at least all of the C5's should be viewed as equal when modded. (/quote]

Danny, have you seen the new TT rules, yet? Are the Power/Weight ratios going to apply to TTA?

.....I believe with the new rules set in TT , they have fixed the C5 Corvette issues. Or at least all of the C5's should be viewed as equal when modded. (/quote]

Danny, have you seen the new TT rules, yet? Are the Power/Weight ratios going to apply to TTA?

I am eagerly awaiting the TT rules as well as you. I believe I have seen the rules for TT that my car will be held to. Should be an interesting read....Greg?? Hopefully they are posted soon. Last year there was a pwr/wght ratio that each TT class targeted, unfortuneatly in some classes it appears that it wasn't adhered to due to other rules.....

Yea, but what car?

Oops, sorry! Kinda arrogant to assume everyone around the country would just know, huh? OK, like Pat said, I run an '03 Mustang. World Challenge spec with a supercharged engine.

corkscrew_03.jpg

C.

Yea, but what car?

Oops, sorry! Kinda arrogant to assume everyone around the country would just know, huh? OK, like Pat said, I run an '03 Mustang. World Challenge spec with a supercharged engine.

corkscrew_03.jpg

C.

Is that the same one that started a lap down at the Nationals this year, yet ended up either winning or almost winning?

Is that the same one that started a lap down at the Nationals this year, yet ended up either winning or almost winning?

That was me. I'm an idiot and missed pre-grid. The green flag dropped on the back straight just as I was coming onto the front straight. I got to see each and every one of those 944s at least once while I was trying to catch up with my class. I ended up coming in second in SU, which was the best I could have done even if I had started on time, considering the winner was driving a Radical or something like one.

C.

That was me. I'm an idiot and missed pre-grid. The green flag dropped on the back straight just as I was coming onto the front straight. I got to see each and every one of those 944s at least once while I was trying to catch up with my class. I ended up coming in second in SU, which was the best I could have done even if I had started on time, considering the winner was driving a Radical or something like one.

C.

You did a marvelous job getting caught up, very impressive and that car of yours sounds so doggone good!

Kevin, dont worry about the Dodge Cop Coupe as the rules state that:

"Any closed wheel/fendered production vehicle, approved for street use by the D.O.T., T.U.V., or

Japanese government, that complies with all NASA safety requirements in the CCR, and all of

the restrictions and limitations listed below in 7.2 and 7.3 is eligible to compete based on the

“adjustedâ€

it was a Stohr

That's the ticket! Sorry, I was too lazy to look it up for myself. It was a cool looking car.

I paddocked near him, really nice guy!

I only met Jeremy after the race and yeah, he seemed like a really, nice guy. Even helped me on and off the podium.

Speaking of which... is the podium gonna be wheelchair accessible next year? I plan on using it again.

C.

You did a marvelous job getting caught up, very impressive and that car of yours sounds so doggone good!

Thank you, thank you! I'll take credit for the driving, but the mechanical credit goes to my husband, Paul, and to the engineers at Ford; John, Craig and Ed. Without their support, I'd be sitting on the sidelines wishing I could get behind the wheel and complain about needing more horsepower, bigger tires or less weight like the rest of you guys.

C.

Edited by Guest

Kevin, dont worry about the Dodge Cop Coupe as the rules state that:

"Any closed wheel/fendered production vehicle, approved for street use by the D.O.T., T.U.V., or

Japanese government, that complies with all NASA safety requirements in the CCR, and all of

the restrictions and limitations listed below in 7.2 and 7.3 is eligible to compete based on the

“adjustedâ€

Tom, There is an exclusion for them in rule 8 that I didn't see earlier. With the aero and suspension mods they have they should be heavier on the scale.

Oh yah Dodge Viper Competition Coupe (-0.2 for body). Oh well I tried

Yea, but what car?

corkscrew_03.jpg

C.

Sorry Carol (sp) It is me Kevin Mixon, Blue C5 T1 Corvette. I didn't recognize your sig. Thought you were going to get me for sure. Car tranny was over heating from running from you.