25hr records

greg f

I just wanted Jerry to post a clarification to the various posts and his statement at the 25 hr awards ceremony. He mentioned that this year the Oconnell racing/ Yokohama GT3 Cup car set a new record, completing 705 laps. He had said that this beat the last years effort, which was the previous record of 665 laps by Lost N Spaced racing. The previous record should have been 681 laps, set in 2004 by the Crazy Redhead Racing/ Fordahl Motorsports Porsche 3.8 RSR. Kim Hiskey, the owner of that car is very proud of her accomplishments as a female car owner/ Racer and I would like the record to reflect that.

This years event was fantastic! With very few exceptions I think the driving standards exibited by the entrants was the highest yet. I would like to say thanks to all of those racers that were subjected to that pesky Cup car roaring by all the time. Everyone returned the racing courtesy that we attempted to use. As the Oconnell car had zero body damage, I say mission accomplished by all. Greg Fordahl