Anders Green

NASA Rally Sport 2007 Schedule Posted

Andrew_Frick

So is RallyTN moving back to a gravel event? I am assuming that since it is taking place where Cherokee Trails used to be run.

What about those great tarmac stages in linden?

Anders Green

No, RTN is still tarmac and still in Linden.

Cheers,

Anders

Anders Green

Cheers,

Anders

Anders Green
Um, schedule shows Cleveland (which would indicate Cherokee roads and gravel).

Yes, it does. But....

*grin*

Anders

ps: when I get home, after real life (this evening, Home Owner's Meeting and shopping for food) I'll fix it. In the mean time... someone should ask if RTN is on the Cherokee roads.

Knestis

Is Rally Tennessee going to use the same roads from Cherokee Trails?

K

Anders Green

Yes.

wvonkessler

No, this is correct. As in "yes we have no bananas."

Wilson

Edited by Guest

kwh29

So is there any chance of a late addition of a gravel event using the roads previously covered by Cherokee Trails?

--Kevin H.

wvonkessler
So is there any chance of a late addition of a gravel event using the roads previously covered by Cherokee Trails?

--Kevin H.

If someone wants to sponsor the event, sure.

We've got other gravel (and tarmac) roads that are itching for events up and down the east coast. However, we have (1) a finite amount of folks willing to get off of their duff to put an event together, even if the legwork on road permissions and local politicking has been done (I know, I've asked people close to some of the venues, with polite declines); and (2) too many events competiting for entrants, which means smaller fields, and more difficulty for organizers to break even.

When we get the entry numbers up, then expect more events. If RallyMoto is a success, that may be the impetus to growth.

Wilson

Andrew_Frick

Thanks for the clarification. So RTN is a one day event now. Interesting, I thought it was a great 2 day event but this way it will require less vacation time. Looking forward to the new year.

Anders Green

Yes, Linden (where it's been for the last two years) is what was supposed to be on the web the whole time.

Cheers,

Anders

Yellowhammer

What was wrong with Labor Day weekend for RT? My brother's getting married May 5th....grrr. oi vey.

Anders Green
What was wrong with Labor Day weekend for RT?

It seems a lot of people plan vacations for Labor Day that _aren't_ rally. Weird huh??

Anders

Xenovitalis

It seems a lot of people plan vacations for Labor Day that _aren't_ rally. Weird huh??

Anders

Psh, heathens!

rallyboy

Thank goodness, for once I can celebrate my Birthday at home. The past two years were spent at RT. Not a big deal, but, it will be a nice change.

So, any details on RT 07' yet?

LAter,

Jonathan

simoniac

Obviosuly, Jonathan, you haven't quite fully bought into the program. There's no better place on earth to spend your birthday than at a rally. You need more indoctrinating. I mean training, Err, young padowan.

Simon

usukracing.com

rallyboy

I just wish I could bring all of my friends with me to a rally, and my best friend of all, my wife. Unfortunately, most of my non rally friends don't get it, and my wife accepts it. She isn't into any form of racing. So, being at a rally on my birthday without these folks around is strange. It just feels good to be at home celebrating, not working, no matter how passionate I am about this sport. So, I'm excited that both Rally WV, and Rally TN are scheduled different than last year. Last year I spent my youngest daughter's birthday weekend at Rally WV. We just celebrated before I left. The 2007 schedule rocks!

-Jonathan

Yellowhammer

Anders

Psh, heathens!

well, that's the problem w/ schedules, they don't always work out for everybody... it was nice to have a monday off built-in to recoop from RT and camp in beautiful Perry Co. oh well, it's done so I shall say no more.

starion887

Oooops, another correction needed: Rally WV is on the 4th of August, not the 18th.........

Mark B.

wrxman

Rally West Virginia.....

Need some help Mark?

Maybe I'll see you at Sandhills.