1986 Mercedes Benz 190E 2.3 16v, Former One Lap competitior

Driver

Here are the pictures. There are other minor blemishes, a small scratch here, a rub spot there, nothing significant or that can be noticed from 5 feet away. Please let me know if there is anything else (or a closer detail of something) you'd like to see. The car needs a definite cleaning inside - there are no flaws in the leather (just dirt).

3zksml0.jpg

29or5ew.jpg

2qjvhjk.jpg

35i18ox.jpg

47lc4td.jpg

2ez5xnc.jpg

2qnuo8m.jpg

30cnbqg.jpg

3zbvrpw.jpg

49huahc.jpg

44r7nzc.jpg

4dg1yld.jpg

2vb0mec.jpg

350ngb4.jpg

3yf2s6a.jpg

Thanks for the pics, good quality, too! As of right now, I'm serious about your car, I'm liking it. As far as interiors go, I'm more concerned smells then dirt. As long as it smells like a car and not a wet chainsmoking labrador, I'm happy. I'm trying to get time to get to the car during daylight, a flash can mask things. Unfortunately daylight is tough to get at. Is there any rush?

Looks like you're equipped for camping, what kind of outdoors stuff do you do? One of the reasons I'm short on time is a winter mountaineering trip this weekend. For the past 3 years, I've been doing this in Colorado. It figures that one of the few years I go east, this deal would pop up. :P

My fiance is going to be in Ouray for the ice festival, that would deffinately be a shorter drive for you. Unfortunately, she cant put the 190E in carry-on, so it wouldn't give you a car to test drive. Would you have anyone out this way that you'd trust to drive the car for ya?

Untill we actually meet and see the cars, we're going on an ebay-level of consumer trust. I've got feedback there as well, 98.5% feedback because a b!t@h who lied and sold me crap didn't like me leaving her negative feedback. "Pair of PI heads" = "Two left side 10 year old crown vic heads".

http://myworld.ebay.com/tbird287v8/

I'm really hoping that this works out. It feels like we would both walk away from a swap benefitting. The only time the car interior smells is when I forget to swith over to recirc following a deisel No smoking, no dogs, and no food/drink in the car.

Camping for my wife is "how far off the road do we have to pull with the RV to be considered camping?" We tent it about once a year at my insistance, usually in August - at Grand Lakes outside of Granby. The stuff in the trunk is actually left over from loaning it to a friend a couple of weeks ago for a trip to Moab.

I don't have anyone out that direction. My wife and I are always looking for an excuse to take out the RV. We'll load the car in the trailer and drive some ways. Would you be willing to meet roughly half way (or there abouts depending on a nearby city), fully understanding that we are both taking a risk that we may not like the other's car upon site/test drive and there will be no hard feelings? I am ready to commit any weekend that you're available to meet up (preferably on a Saturday so I have Sunday to drive back).

You did mention that you were going to be able to replace the rear diff, correct? Is this going to be one with an LSD also, or will you include the original so I can have it rebuilt and reinstalled? I'm not worried about you replacing the dash, I can do that when I get it back here.

The Diff is out of another 16v, so it's an LSD unit as well. It hasn't arrived yets, but when it does I'll inspect it to the bets of my abilities. I'm a mechanical inspector by trade, so it's right up my alley, but I wont dig deeper then I'm comfortable. The other diff will be included. Replacing the diff brings me back to one of the reasons I'm selling, time. A center section (Hinteraxelmittelstuck in German cars ) swap isn't complicated, but 2 hours is 2 hours, no matter how easy it might be.

Meeting half way would be an option, how about the Kansas City/St Louis/Des Moines/Davenport area? If you want to come RVing in Ohio, I can certainly recommend some places, it's not as boring as people think.

Saturday would be best for me also. when I head that way, I usually leave here at 6pm on friday, I'll hit St Lou' by 11, Kansas city an hour and a half later. I can do the trip in one long drudge, leave 6am Saturday, arrive wherever, and be back in time for mythbusters.

KC or SL would be great, as we haven't been there before (of course KC would be less of a haul for us, figure ~65 MPH). We can leave Friday towards the late afternoon and be in either place midday or late afternoon on Saturday. Perhaps we'll leave early Friday so we can spend a day looking around the city. What weekend works for you?

I will definitely be in Ohio at some point, probably in 2008, to attend a GTS event of some sort, if not the Nationals.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about that. Still on, I just hit some succesive snags. I was out of state for a bit, and came back to glorious winter weather, which has kept the car in the garage. I could snap off some flash photography under there, it aught to show what you're looking for. I was hoping to get some good natural-light shots.

Sorry for the delay.

Also, to keep you in the loop, I'm also haggling with a local dealership on a trade-in. We've gotten with $1500, if I can talk them down to where I want, I'll be moving the car that way. It's only fair to keep you posted.

Eric

I hate to do it Ian, but I think we're moving on this trade. Terms are all but set, and my bank has been notified.

I really appriciate the pictures and the posts. If yo were just 500mi closer we would have probably sealed this up long ago. But, I'm getting thos for $6500 outa'pocket:

9c7e_12.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250076853323

What would you do?

Someday I'll be out that way, I'll buy you a Fat Tire or two for the trouble.

(Or I'll take you up the Pikes Peak road in a beater and reaffirm your love of life )

Sounds good, and I'm glad you're getting value out of the car. Come out some time when we have an event and then I'll reaffirm your love of life Enjoy the new ride, it looks beautiful.