Who wants to run the 4 hour enduro at Fontana w/POC?

Tim Comeau

We should start forming a team and assigning duties and performing drills now. The race in on May 14th-16th weekend.

We need 2 drivers.

fuelers

extinguisher person

tire guys

Timing and scoring

1 person to go work for the POC race management (mandatory).

Anybody?

Tim,

You might want to check with Burns on the fuel cell issue. I wanted to run 2 years ago as an Orange group car and couldn't because I had no cell. All Red group cars are required to have cells. I can see it for 911's, but for 944's? It's the rule (and an expensive one for Red group 944's) that forced me to spend some $$ on my Turbo to make it "Red" group legal.

Tim,

I would double check with Chris Burns on the possibility of running a 944 Spec at all. I know we can do the 1 hour event during the "Tribute" but I'm not sure of the whole thing. Fuel Cell is one and speed difference is another. Either way 'm in for anything as I'll be there. I have Pit Marshalled the last 2 years and have worked Black Flag station. Gassing a car would be easy enough also. It would be great to show the nay-sayers that our little cars CAN battle for 4 hours.

Eric

Chris, Ask Chris Burns anyway.

Eric and Neal, fuel cells aren't required for the orange group cars. Only R4 and up, red group cars, require fuel cells according to the rules.

Still check with Burns as I don't remember and Orange Groupe running the full Enduro and it does carry some special provisions. I'll help in any way I can even if you need a slower driver. I'm sure you can get someone faster. Pete Yusko has a POC lic.

Eric

"There is no minimum qualifying time for the Tribute." Straight from the rules, guys. I'm not speculating, I'm reading the rules. Same regarding the fuel cell..............I'm reading the rules.

Ok, I just pushed my 4th cup of coffee away...................................

I will run my car in the 1 hour enduro. If we fill the take, will we need to fuel? Is there a mandatory pit stop for the 1 hour Enduro? With a 5 minute stop, who needs pit crew? Hell, I'd be happy to get out and stretch while filling the tank.

Dilly you won't even come close to using a full take in an hour. I ran about 70 laps at WS yesterday and used a little more than 1/2 a tank. We need to really start watching our mileage so we can figure if we can stretch it to 1 pit in 4 hours, 2 max will be no issue.

First lets verify a 944 Spec car will be allowed in the "Tribute". If most of us are running the 1 hour we can get out and help the guys running the full thing.

Eric

Joe and I were discussing the fuel issue. If you have a late model car, which is 1985.5 and later, excluding the 924S, your fuel tank is about 4 gallons bigger than the early cars and the 924S. 17.4 vs. 21.X. Joe was thinking we could complete the POC 4 hour enduro with only 1 fuel stop, if we had a car with a late tank.

Ouch Tim I think Dylan will real from that one!!! I'm not so sure we'll have to worry so much about placement as we'll only have us to deal with. 1st in a class of 1. Unless we unlesh a team of 944's? Yeah lets get a bunch in there and really slow those GT3's what for!!! Twin Turbo's got nothing on us. They have HP we have huevos!!!

Eric

Eric,

I read Tim's comment, I'm not ruffled by his statement because that's the opposite of what he said in the shower..... oops, did I type that out loud? DOH!

Hey Tim,

Just a sugesstion why don't ask Doug Kott if he would like to be a driver for you he has his NASA license.

You already know what driving skills he has. I'm sure he would probably say yes.

Are you going to the next PCA SDR Auto-X?

Carolyn Torbert-Hayes/PCA SDR

Hi Carolyn,

Welcome to the forum. When are you going to come out and join us? I heard you were at the NASA event in Fontana but just in the wrong car!!

Carolyn, If I want Doug to do something for me, it's write an article on the 944-spec cars for the magazine! (which I suggested at the AX on Saturday!) I rented out my 944-spec car on Sat. and I'll try to do that every chance I get. I may also rent it out for DE's and TT's.

I will need a second driver for the Tribute at Fontana. Max time for 1 driver is 2.5 out of 4 hours.

Perhaps you need me Tim, as I will be beating you every chance I get, which will be many. Starting with perhaps next Sunday at Mazda Rev it Up.

Dylan.