SoCal HPDE drivers: Ready to race?

Neon2dmaX

If you have been participating in SoCal HPDE events and have been thinking about joining the race group, its time to plan ahead. Driving Concepts will be having its first school of the year at Willow Springs on February 10-11, 2007. See: http://www.drivingconcepts.com/ Click on "tracks" and then click on "upcoming events" to confirm the scheduled dates. Following completion of the DC school, you should be eligible for a provisional license (with medical, fees, etc.).

What class would you be in? Well, its up to you, but I would recommend "SN" or Spec Neon. SN has a relatively low price tag to get started. Chassis are cheap and relatively easy to find. Pretty much everything else, including tires (Toyo RA-1 in a 205-55-14) will be less expensive that most other spec classes. Class uses stock 14x6 wheels as well. If anyone in the SoCal area has any interest in putting a Spec Neon together, send me a PM with your email address and/or telephone number. I'll be happy to provide additional information.