Top Speed Limiter in our cars????

PeanutinCA

Is this true? A claim by a chip manufacturer. Seems a little over the top.

Chips increases will give you:

Peak Horsepower Gain: +16 hp

Peak Torque Gain: +16 lbs

Rev-Limit Increase: +300 rpm's

Top Speed Limit: Removed <===== this one.

Dylan.

p.s. On 91 - "Please note that by using this chip you must use 91 octane fuel"

Edited by Guest

Peak Horsepower Gain: +16 hp

Wow, that part alone is interesting and out of line with what has been seen to this point. But if so, hmmm.

Dylan, wake up!!!! It'll never happen that easily. Ask the guy if he'll give a money back gaurantee if dyno tests show it's false. I bet he backs down!!!

Eric

Not a top speed limiter we have a rev limiter which will limit the speed. Most chips add RPM's but there is always a speed limitation.

Eric

Perhaps using different terms will clear up the confustication..........

Car speed "governor" Max speed , say, 150mph

Engine rev "limiter" Max engine speed, unlimited.

Both features are useless in our cars.

1. there's no power after 6000 rpm with a stock camshaft so who cares how high you can rev up there. Look at the dyno sheets.

2. We'll never see speeds over 130 so who cares if the governor has been removed. Gimick.

Most chips take away performance in a different part of the power band when they add somewhere else. Peak hp doesn't mean squat in our cars compared to mid range power.

I'm with Eric. Get them to let you dyno test it and return it if it fails. Better yet, TELL them you're going to post to every list known if it doesn't do what they claim, then see if they want to sell it to you at all.

16 hp from a chip my ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe, share your wealth of knowledge on the subject.

My chip is aftermarket AND it's been flashed to give 1 more peak hp (135?) and a couple pounds feet of torque across the whole band. It came with the car.

TC

I have diddly squat interest in the hp claims. I was just curious about the speed limiter part. Thus the question. Man, you guys need to read sometimes!

No, I didn't misundertake you, Dilly. That was the governor part. Don't know the answer. I just went off on a tangent with the chip thing.

Yep. Cachaca. Straight from Brazil.

Earlier this evening I was chasing a sheila, tripped over my dijereedoo, and fell head long into a billabong. A croc bit my ass, then a wombat tossed a boomerang at me and clipped me up side the head. Bad night for me, mate.

Did you come out of the billabond with yabbies hangin' from ya bait and tackle? Ya meat and two veg. Did you have an itch in ya lollie bag? Did a Dingo eat your baby?

Factory Rated top Speed on stock cars is 137 MPH with stock sized tires and the tall 5th gear. No Porsche ever came with a speed limiter

Caifornia Speedway is probably the place we will see our highest top speed. Even at Willow I was seeing maybe 120 on speed going in to 1.

yeah, Joe. Same at Fontana. about 120 between the end of the banking and braking for turn 3. The hawk blue brake pads worked well. BUT .......tons of dust! Which an acceptable trade off for me.

Even at Willow I was seeing maybe 120 on speed going in to 1.

Wow. I thought I was only seeing about 110 in the red car. And before you dog my driving, remember that was seeing consistant 1:40's and the inch into the 1:39 barrier. Seems that 5th gear could be a handy item. Does it make you worry yet Timmy? Longer 5th gear, 150#'s heavy and 10hp down on your car. That's GOT to be good for something? Jason has the weight out now and sorted a couple small injection problems hopefully getting the power up. I think he has a car with potential now. Lets hope my new car has the same potential?

Dylan.