Corvette TT Rear Wing

TexaST-1

While at the Championships at Mid Ohio I saw several C5s with a rear Carbon Wing. I think they said ACP?

Does anyone info on these?

Where to buy?

How effective?

How Much?

Thanks.

While at the Championships at Mid Ohio I saw several C5s with a rear Carbon Wing. I think they said ACP?

Does anyone info on these?

Where to buy?

How effective?

How Much?

Thanks.

Evidently they work the WC cars use them , I am currently trying to afford some aero improvements myself..............

I unfortuneatly was unable to attend Mid-Ohio in September but if they said ACP they were Advanced Composite Products pieces that were made for World Challenge. These are supposed to work well, but not cheap as you will see ......http://www.corvetteracebodies.com/worldchallRB%20price%20list.htm

I am not sure if they are listed on his site, but Gary Hoffman (http://www.hardbar.net ) also has some real nice very low drag products available.

To do these right there will be some holes in some body work for sure to provide the uprights acess directly to the frame.

LG motorsports down in your neck of the woods may be peddling something also.........

My advise would be that you'd better be doing something in the front to increase downforce in addition or your are going to turn your car into a push-pig in a hurry. Most of the viable options for that are also BIG $$$$......I'm trying to afford both, I'll be OK until I have a off course excursion and have to buy a new splitter

They are APR Performance as mentioned in the second response. I was too quick when I threw that name out on the originall post. I know the Kerry's stuff from ACP is way expensive but is the best for world challenge. Bob Mayer put over $3K into his ACP rear wing set up. I don't have a world challenge budget.

Lou has nothing. We talk every other week.

Fortunately, this isn't my first time around the track. I would never do one without the other (Splitters).

The APR set-up looked good, but I am more currious to hear how well they actually work. I am not looking for form over function. These appear to be a lot less than the Advanced's stuff, but maybe as effective or close to.

Micheal, Thanks.

This is the wing I was Interested in more information. The site doesn't have any information on the Corvettes but has some re-seller information.

Your car was quick. It was a shame the Noble oiled down the track in front of us. I saw it first hand and was able to compensate. It looked like you slid off into the gravel trap in Turn 13. I am glad you car and you were okay and got to finish the race. He also messed up my in-car camera when my windshield became a big blurrrr.

How much was your wing set up? I have heard they are to steep.

I have the Nassau Blue C5 finished 3rd overall in my T1 Corvette (some Motor Mods)

Thanks,

Kevin Mixon

Not sure I'm the guy you are thinking of. I am out in Cal., NORCAL actually.

Kinda weird, I did go off at the last event at T-hill. Turn 13/14 (not sure of the corner number), did some tank slapers out in the dirt but managed to get it back on course. Wish it was oil related, plain old driver error I'm affraid.

The wing I believe retails for about $1,300.00 which includes all mounting accessories. Nasa members do get discounts, check the web site. Personally I think they are a good value. I ran the wing all last season, I am very happy with it.

-M

Sorry, their was a guy with a hot rod yellow RX7 at the Championships running in SU. The cars looked similar, his name may have been Damian Delahuerta. He is out of MN.

Thanks for the info!

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

I ran the red C5 with the APR wing at Nationals. Both my partner and I have run these wings on the C5 for a season and can help others with their questions. There are four C5's using wings and one C6. If you run with us in Arizona you will find that track records are being set and broken monthly by C5's with wings. If you are serious about handling, get one!

Do they work? - Absolutely!

Are they expensive - Not really, plan about $1200 complete

What Sizes? There are a variety of sizes.

Email me for more: [email protected]

Our website: http://www.redracervette.com

"track records are being set and broken monthly by C5's with wings." Well then, come on over to Infineon Feb. 10 and 11 and show us how it's done!

-Max