TOYO TIRES CHEAP!!!

Tim Comeau

as per the NASA/TOYO TIRES webites, tires are cheaper this year. You need to go to one of the motorsports dealers on their list. The closest ones I know of are Chapman BMW in Scottsdale, and AIM up at Sear's Point. I support Chapman because they come to the races and support us. I used their services to balance my 2 front tires at Fontana. Brian at Chapman quoted me $128 per tire, plus $8 each for shipping to San Diego. Shaving normally extra. Same price at AIM up north. That's good stuff, huh? As our single biggest ongoing expense, it's a welcome price break!

Vilven is on the list, too.

Racing just got even cheaper...........................

Add that with some podium finishes during the year for TOYO bucks and a good finish in the Championship for some more TOYO bucks and you're practically racing for free.

Chapman said they had the tires on back order when I called them yesterday. It doesn't sound good.

Vilven didn't have any in stock except what was at the track in their truck, and they wouldn't take an order when I called them this morning.

I just bought two tires at the old price locally from Express. They have two left and aren't going to order anymore.

Good luck!!!

Here we go again. Same as last year!! How can we have a spec tire when we can't buy them?

I'll be back ordering a set in the morning I guess and hope the set I have last untill the new ones come in.

Eric

I have extras still, you guys. Let's not get upset just yet. I'll call TOYO TIRES myself in the morning and talk to my buddies who give me the secret sticky testing compound tires.

I spoke with Chapman when they were at Fonatana and then again last week on the phone, they said they had something like 30+ tires I thought? How can they be out? I'll be mighty pi$$ed if they are because they told me last week not to worry until I figured out where they are headed?

Knock yourselves out...........................

or I can make one phone call to the top guy at TOYO and find out the straight and skinny in 5 minutes. Your choice.

Flex your muscles!! You have plenty of people looking for tires right now. Let me know as I have 2-3 weekends left on the set I have then as Austin Powers would say "I'm Spent!!"

Eric

BTW if I ever go for a repaint the AP Jet looks good to me!!

Plus a name change to "Eric Shagswell"

TTFN,

Eric

PS - TTFN for those of you with out kids is what "Tiger" says Ta Ta for now!!

I forgot to ask but does Chapman honor the TOYO bucks? I think we should try to do bussiness with the dealers that will honor them so they see the value in supporting us.

Eric

Hey Eric,

don't buy the last set out from under me! I'll have nothing. Then you really will beat me as I wont even make the event!! DOH

P.Dilly.

p.s. Tim, can I put on my whindshield P.Dilly instead of Scott or even Dilly?

You can put your name in whatever form you want the T.V. fans to know you as...........

Yes, Chapman will honor the bucks. Theyare on the authorized Motorsports dealer list. See the NASA pro website. That link is in the TOYO TIRES article.

Since our next race is at Button Willow, call that dealer to see if he has any.

Just spoke to Chapman's, they are getting 80 more tires tomorrow, tomorrow, they'll have them, tomorrow, tomorrows just a day awayyyyyyy. Thankyou, I'll be here all week, don't forget to tip your waiter.

Mine are on the way too!!! Yipppeeee I can still race. Practice on the new ones, race on the broken in ones!!! Does life get any better? I don't think sooooo!

Eric