Fiberglass Repair

Mark Montoya

Anyone have experience with fiberglass repair work or repair kits. My car has some minor fiberglass damage and I want to fix it myself if possible. Looking for a good repair kit or advice from anyone with experience / tips, etc. working with fiberglass. The area in need of repair is on the rear bumper area and is continous 12 inch long crack.

Mark I have worked in 'glass for many decades (no particular number of them, try over 4) and teach autobody, shoot some pics of the hit and we can get it together.

Exracer,

Interested in doing a small nose repair for me? Lower lip of RX7 nose is gone. Nose is removeable and I could drop in venice or you could do work at my shop in the valley. I have made repairs to fiberglass before and it just isn't pretty. let me know if your interested. [email protected]

it's not hardto make a structural repair, although making it look good can be. When possible, I like to tape the front side (the pretty side) with something smooling, like packaging tape. Then work your repair on the rear side. As the polyester resin soaks through from the rear, the tape will cause it to leave a smooth surface. The tape will peel right off after everything cures.