Racing with Toyo's

Ron Carroll

It has been a long time since I have raced on Toyo's, do I need to heat cycle them like I do with my Hoosiers? Or will they be OK right away?

• Members

They seem to like a light duty "scrub" session before total flogging but you dont need to let them sit overnight or anything. A full tread set does not like to be run as hard at it can go on the 2nd lap but if you have a shave then they can take it. The tire is also faster on the 2nd outing once scrubbed in.

Ron,

Opinions differ on this one. I have heard plenty of people, besides Ryan, say to give 'em a scrub & go.

Personally, I prefer to heat cycle them & let 'em sit 24 hours before use. IMO, the tires will be faster & more consistent after this treatment.

I only run full treads for rains. Shavers all the other time.

If you didn't know, Toyo is running a contingency program for the HC. See here - http://www.nasaproracing.com

Call Ron Cortez @ AIM (707) 938-9193. In addition to being one of the contingency dealers, he is running a another program for us NorCal competitors.

Yea I know Ron that is where I have gotten my Toyos in the past, I guese I will get a set and run them in at one of my SCCA races before the May 1st race just to be safe.

Did you send those decals?

Thanks