Can a car run in more than 1 class ?

chucktoo

My car is supercharged and it is very very easy to remove the belt to the superchager and change the air intake filter, MAF and ECU to make the engine normalluy asperated . Should be about a 10 min change over.

It is really easy to see if the blower is hooked up to the MassFlo throttle body.

I can dyno the car NA and supercharged and the numbers will be very different. The numbers I expect are different enough that it would be SU vs ST-2.

If I can run in two classes I wil get the extra hardware to run NA and dyno the car both ways.

Thanks Charlie

Different classes for different events.

Just want the log book to have two sets of dynos and listings for two different classes.

On any given day just pick the class you want to be for that day and configure accordingly.

Should be easy ?

Charlie

If the car was legal for two classes I wouldn't see the problem with it. I'd either wait for Greg to respond or E-mail him. My guess is that you'd have to clear it with him and your local ST/SU series director. If they were OK with keeping up with it, I don't think NASA would object.

• National Staff

Ok, just for reference, I've copied the rules that are pertinent to this discussion:

From Section 9 of the ST Rules:

Any subsequent modifications or adjustments done to the car that could alter power output will require repeat Dyno testing, and a new certified Dyno report.

From Section 10 of the ST Rules:

A driver may choose to compete at any time in a higher level class than would be dictated by the “adjustedâ€

Thanks Greg.

This makes sense - I will get all the parts together and dyno it both ways.

A centrifugally supercharged engine may have a for a rising toque which is great to drive but lousy for weight to hp classes since it makes max hp at close to read line.

A Na engine is much better in for these classes since can end up with a flat hp curve with proper selection of parts and tuning.

Here is the dyno for a supercharged Z-06 whose engine is very similar to mine.

It is very drivable since the power comes on so smoothly.

Charlie

glennvette-1.jpg