Anti lock brake module

D Algozine

I plan on removing the anti lock brake module located near the radiator on the passenger side of my 95 Mustang. Any advise, comments or pictures would be appreciated. I assume it is a matter of removing the unit and connecting the lines together. Comments ?

Also, does anything else need to be removed or modified regarding the anti lock brake system?

Thanks

Dave

I will be running in the CMC this season and rules require the disabling or removal of the anit lock brake system. Based on your question, I assume that anti lock systems are allowed in AI. I do plan to move up to AI eventually, so perhaps I should just disable it.

From my track experience, I didn't like the way the car reacts when the anti lock system kicked in. Anyone else have any comments.

Dave

My advice would be to get rid of all the lines, and re-line it so you can put a proportioning valve to the rear, and elminate the possiblity of getting into a wreck and having one of the front brake lines cut. In the 95, there are four lines running right under the radiator that go to the ABS module. Run a T fitting off the front part of the master cylinder going to the front, run one line through that passenger compartment and then to the rear with a proportioning valve in between. Then send me the four lines that go up front. I am doing a friends car that was in a wreck that cut one of those lines and I can't figure out which. I have to redo all of them if I can't figure it out.

Mark

Well thanks for the advise. I'm simply going to disarm the system for know, and look at as many others systems at my first event, which will be Mid-Ohio April 2-4.

Mark will you be at Mid-Ohio?

Just to follow up, does AI allow anti lock brake systems?

If so, do people acutally use them? Are the newer systems better suited for the track? I don't like the pedal feel and the brief lose of brake modulation. Any thoughts?

Dave

Steve,

I'll look for you. I've got an orange 95 GT #29, assuming its all back together and operating properly.

Dave

At least the top 5 Texas AI cars are now running with ABS in their cars. George, Manor, Pedersen, Bell, Dickey(I believe) and some others. Most of those cars are Fox bodies and there seemed to be a "retro-fit frenzy" with these Texan racers and their open-track buddies over the past few years.

-=- Todd

Christine may have ABS in her Camaro.

Christine still has the ABS module, but the ABS isn't activated currently. We're on the fence about ditching the module or running the wiring to reactivate it. Chances are that it will get ditched.

Jason

Mark will you be at Mid-Ohio?

No, I won't be at Mid-Ohio. My goal is to have the AGS car at putnam park at the end of May. I'll see you there.

Mark