TTA

Patrick Lindsey 1:36.86

Jody Austin 1:38.98

Jesse White 1:39.10

TTB

Dave Spencer 1:42.87

John Slinkard 1:42.91

John Anderson 1:43.80

I don't know these folks or their cars. So with the rules totally revamped for 2007, do you guys expect the lap times to be better or worse for 2007?

Shall we speculate?

Frank D.

I think that I'll be suprised to see another 1:36 in TTA......... I think 1:37's are doable.

I believe that the TTB record will be coming down sometime however.

I guess we will start to see how this all unfolds come April.........

That TTA record is my goal but I think anything in the 38's will most likely be fast enough to win for the first part of the year. I also think the TTB times will drop into the 39's.

Pure speculation of course....

Does anyone know of anyone lapping that fast (1:38 ) at MO in any TTA vehicles other than the Z06. I saw the M3 went just under 1:40, but was curious if other types of vehicles (other than the obviously superior Audi) have run that fast?

I'm new to NASA and will be in an Evo VIII, but I don't think my type of car gained much in the rules changes from last year. Did the Z06s and M3s gain or lose ground points-wise?

Just curious so I can have realistic expectations and set reasonable goals for next season. I can't wait to join in th fun!

It looks like the Zo6's will lose a few mod points from last year and the Audi that ran the 36 will be in the TTS or U group. I don't think the M3's have changed that much as far as points so who knows??

My guesses are partly based on the additional track time that everyone will have on the recently repaved surface. The bigger factor is going to be some of the lower based cars bumping up with more mods.

**If the April round is run on the Pro Course then I think it will actually take a 36 to win TTA.

well i ran a 1:42.9 in sep-2006 natioanls with a ttc car in the ttb class. before i over rev'd my engine on a down shift and this year with out touching my car i am max'd out in ttb points. i just don't think my little NA 4 cylinder honda car can go much faster, with me driving it

Most of the cars have been juggled around in the classes so it's tough to say exactly where they will all land. That saidi, 1:38.xx is flying and attainable by only a few cars at the entire event. With the tighter rules I'd be very surprised to see a TTA car in the 1:38's on the club course.

John

I forgot about running the pro course this year.......All of the current records will be safe then, and all new records will be set in April......Nothing like starting over. Wish I could go play on the club course at least one more time.

I didn't realize that the course was changing this year. I was really asking a more generic question. Will TTB/TTA cars be faster or slower with the new rules? So far it sounds like people are leaning towards "slower".

FD

• National Staff

I think that with all of the free mods added this year, TTF-TTB will be faster. With the cap put on TTA-TTF of the "adjusted" wt/power ratio of 8.7, I think that TTA will be about the same as last year. The Z06's can basically run with the same setup as they had last year in TTA. There could be some cars like Evo's and STI's creep up from below and surprise us, though. Also, the BMW's and C5 Vettes could do some damage in TTA. It should be a fun year following how this all plays out. But, I would be very surprised to not see TTB significantly faster than last year.

Hey guys,

I have a BMW E30 M3 that last year calculated into TTA.

We never had any NASA TTs here in the northeast in 2006 that I could attend, so I never actually ran one, but was told when I posted here that was a bad thing (to be in TTA)...

With talk of rules / classing changes for 2007 in this thread,,, is there a new calculator that I can check to see where my car lands in 2007?

Is it possible a modified E30 M3 (200 hp 4 cylinder) could really end up in TTA?

The chassis is quite developed, but I have the motor pretty close to stock for reliability.

I estimate this car to be a GTS3 car in NASA Club Racing,,, but have not gotten to an approved Dynojet yet to prove it.

Thanks for any input.

Cheers

jimmy p.

I am not at all discouraged, and I am doing my best setting up my car-but the C5 Z06 on 295 hoosiers with 2 points (swaybars?) is a bench racing nightmare for me right now in TTA.

If I have calculated correctly, they will have me in wt/hp (approximately 9 vs 11), aero/CG (look at the cars-nuff said ), and wider hoosiers (my Evo VIII starts in TTC-plus I need the points for power).

I should have an advantage with my aggressive suspension and AWD on corner exit.

Braking?-draw maybe?? (although I'll be about 150lb heavier)

I'll do my very best no matter what, but don't be surprised to see me doing a rain dance before the events

I am not at all discouraged, and I am doing my best setting up my car-but the C5 Z06 on 295 hoosiers with 2 points (swaybars?) is a bench racing nightmare for me right now in TTA.

If I have calculated correctly, they will have me in wt/hp (approximately 9 vs 11), aero/CG (look at the cars-nuff said ), and wider hoosiers (my Evo VIII starts in TTC-plus I need the points for power).

I should have an advantage with my aggressive suspension and AWD on corner exit.

Braking?-draw maybe?? (although I'll be about 150lb heavier)

I'll do my very best no matter what, but don't be surprised to see me doing a rain dance before the events

I have a simple solution for you Johannes......

Go out and buy a C5 Z06

Just kidding.

You better hope my wife doesn't see this post-she may be little, but she'll be comin' for you (I have promised her no new cars for a couple more years)

If it comes to getting my butt kicked on the long straights, I'll just have to find more power in that little 2.0. Or, maybe see if I could run an Evo IX turbo and fuel pump and be reclassed to base TTB. This would (strangely enough) give me 20-30 more horsepower and only cost 1 point (due to the base tire rule saving me 4 pts and the Evo XI having a higher flowing fuel pump stock). That would likely get my wt/hp near 10.

I'll still show up in my timid 2.0L, 4 door, 4x4 high ridin', heavy a** sedan after I take the 2 kids seat out of the back and try to not embarass my self against that big bad 5.7L tarmac tearin' up sports car menace

This situation should be part of the fun next season, as I try to find more time in both my car and me as the season progresses. There is nothing like faster cars/drivers to keep me motivated I'll do my best every step of the way and know both my car and it's driver will be faster at the end of the season.

You and your "timid" little EVO are very fast and I predict that you will do very well this year. I feel that you will see more Evo's and STI's on the podiums than in the past, especially if it rains

You should have no problems hanging with stock powered (or close to it) Z06's. If I remember corrrectly our power mods are very similar and I can run with them easily down the back straight at Mid-O. The corners however, can be a much different story depending on who's driving the vette...

Thanks Greg, that is encouraging

I didn't have any trouble keeping up with the Z06s at gingerman's short striaghts, but it was apparent I was fighting a losing battle above 100-110mph at Grattan against them.

Sounds like I will have to have my tuner squeeze a bit more power out up top and brake just a bit later than they do. Then there will just be that wicked corner entry and and crazy quick mid corner speed they can carry to deal with

I'm up for trying